Search

Trip to Washington DC with kids

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 01:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip to Washington DC with kids

Hi

Does anyone know of any reasonably priced package tours of DC, Williamsburg and possibly Philadelphia. It would be with 2 kids 7 and 10. We were thinking of going this summer. We prefer something inclusive - hotel, transport to sites etc.

Any information or suggestions would be appreciated.

Old Apr 17th, 2008, 01:58 PM

One idea might be to use DC as a base, as there are tour operators that will offer 3 day tours to places like Williamsburg and Philly. I know that Grayline operates WIlliamsburg tours.
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 02:41 PM

Package tours of these areas seldom seem reasonable because they are so very, very easy to do on your own. But that's all relative, I guess.

I also like the idea of DC as a base. Get a good hotel near the mall and book the Williamsburg package from there. Triple A runs many tours to both cities, but have never used them.
Old Apr 18th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Believe it or not, Disney actually runs package tours of Williamsburg, Philadelphia, and Washington.

I've used this site before to find what companies offer tours going to specific cities. Just specify those three cities and you should come up with a list:
http://www.affordabletours.com/search/Expert/
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:55 AM

Please keep in mind that due to extreme volume of traffic on 95 between DC and Williamsburg, unless you leave very late at night or very early in the morning, a drive that should last only 2.5 hours based on distance can easily end up being 4 to 5 hours each way. The last 4 trips my family made to Williamsburg averaged 4 to 4.5 hours due to traffic. Budget your trip plan accordingly. Also, Williamsburg is EXTREMELY hot and humid in the summer. If you are not already used to a southern climate, I would really recommend that you spend part of the time there at Busch Gardens and Water Country USA, where you will have the cooling benefit of the water rides.