Trip Report on the Black Hills

Old Nov 11th, 2013, 05:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip Report on the Black Hills

My Trip Report on our vacation to the Black Hills in Rapids City, SD is in a You tube blog format. They need to be viewed in order, as each one builds on the other. Each part is 10 minutes long. Enjoy!

Intro: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1q3l0OLIuOw

Pt 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vM98ufyYLgs

Pt. 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b65caV-8yzk

Pt. 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkiJY40UDjk
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 06:20 AM

I'm excited to view these as we want to plan a June 2014 Black Hills adventure. Can't access YouT at work. : ( Thank you, in advance, for posting!
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 10:35 AM
Original Poster

You are so welcome. Please feel free to contact by email if you need any further encouragement and advice.

zippy3
Old Nov 18th, 2013, 10:36 AM
Original Poster

Oops! Forgot to post my email in the last reply. [email protected]
Old Nov 19th, 2013, 08:22 AM

Hi, I got through the intro and half of part 1 last night as my six year old wanted to watch cake decorating on YouTube. Good stuff you have and a lot of planning! I will get to the rest of the videos and would like to email you. Thanks for providing. We are also in MN!
Old Feb 12th, 2015, 10:10 AM

Just watched your 3 Blogs, Zippy, which were very interesting and informative. Great to hear your enthusiasm for this area. We're planning a trip there in September so very much appreciated the time you took to do the blogs.
Old Feb 13th, 2015, 10:11 AM

Well, that's a different report...oral instead of printed. Many years ago we took our three children on the same journey, tent camping at Sylvan Lake which we loved. Tent and supplies in a horse trailer. Glad to know that campground is open because years later we returned and the area was closed off.

You speak of an RV but there are of course all kinds
...following a tent we had two fold downs and then two hard top trailers for our family summer traveling vacations. We were satisfied with just electric rather than full hook ups meaning that you could choose a more isolated spot. Of course loved a campfire with smores...only problem who would chop the wood.

Yes, our kids liked the caves and very much the prairie dogs including looking down in the holes. We also camped at Badlands and hiked...just driving through not enough. You talked alot about Crazy Horse which didn't impress me as much. But Mt. Rushmore was special including kids posing with Black Elk...and also we rode 1880s train and saw a western parade in Rapid City and rodeo up at N. Dakota Badlands.