Search

Travel with pets

Search this Thread

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel with pets

Where do you like to stay with traveling with pets? I've started doing it more often and have been very pleased with LaQuintas. The ones I've stayed in recently have been wonderful. Big bright atriums, good breakfast (with protein - hardboiled eggs!), big nice rooms and other guest dogs for my pup to visit with on our morning and evening rounds. There are limited locations in the areas I'm traveling on business now, so I'm looking for other suggestions.
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 11:10 AM
bonniebroad

Some Holiday Inn Expresses and Comfort Inns, some Holidays Inns, Sheratons, Wyndhams, Days Inns (but don't stay there!) On the route we travel most frequently now, we use Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express, both excellent as a rule.

Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 12:16 PM

We stayed at a Comfort Inn in NC that accepted all sizes of pets with a fee, and La Quinta does too without fees.
I cannot remember the site, google it and see if you can find Pet Friendly Hotels.
Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 01:30 PM
E

If you're a member of AAA, you can get their guide books for free, and they indicate whether a hotel/motel accepts pets. We usually call and ask just to be extra sure. As far as I know, there isn't a single chain that always accepts pets; some franchise owners do, some don't. Good luck!
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 03:40 PM

http://www.petswelcome.com/

This is what we did. We looked at the site, figured out where we would be after 8 hours of driving, and picked one of the pet friendly hotels out on the map. Called the hotel and made the reservation. Made sure that there was no size restriction on a 60 lb pup. Got the price of the non-refundable deposit for pup. La Quinta does not charge a deposit and they told me that ALL La Quintas are pet friendly.
Be sure to get confirmation numbers so you can show up with proof if there is a problem with a slow witted person at the desk.
The hotel in NC that we stayed in, gave us a regular non smoking room on the 2nd floor. The La Quinta (which was gorgeous and brand new) gave us a room on the 5th floor, and the desk guy offered to check on the pup when we went out to dinner.
Biggest problem with taking a pup on a trip is eating-you have to bring it back to the room, they are not thrilled if your pup barks until you get back
Happy Travels ((&))
Old Jun 22nd, 2004, 04:19 PM

Also double check on the number of pet-friendly rooms at a pet-friendly hotel. Some allocate only a certain number of rooms for people traveling with pets and once they're gone you're out of luck.