Travel agent for Taos?

Search

Travel agent for Taos?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 12:43 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Travel agent for Taos?

I am looking to rent a cabin or home in Taos late in the summer and am unfamiliar with the area. I have some specific features I would like in a rental mostly regarding location (on a bike path or river; within a couple of miles of town). I don't usually use an agent but am thiking it might be a good idea this time. Does anyone have someone good to recommend? You can e-mail me at [email protected]. Thanks!
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 02:06 PM
J62

When I'm looking for a vacation rental like that I normally contact a local real estate agency rather than looking for a travel agent. Listing a vacation property through a local RE agency is very common in many vacation areas (i.e. beach rentals), although I don't know what is the norm for Taos.

Now, as for a recommendation, sorry, I cannot help.
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 03:38 PM

How long are you wanting to rent? I would suggest VRBO.com or google real estate rental taos

I am not sure if real estate agents have much in the way of short term rentals in Taos. Century 21, ReMax, Prudential and Caldwell Banker are represented in Taos.

Deb
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

We're going to be there for a week to ten days in late July and early August. There are some great looking properties on VRBO.com but I don't know my way around the area so I'm really having trouble choosing.

I'm going to call a couple of local agencies and see if I can find someone knowledgeable. Thanks for the idea!

Anyone have a recommendation for an agent?
Old Apr 23rd, 2008, 05:02 PM

Real estate agents most likely will not deal with such a short term rental.

I may be able to give you some info on areas if you can pick some out on vrbo.

Deb
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 04:53 PM
Original Poster

Thanks, Deb. I'll check out the speciifics on some of the sites and get back to you. I'm mainly wondering if there is somewhere we can rent that would be walking distance from either the river (assuming it's a low-key river that the kids can play in) or some bike paths. I have 4 kids and would like to have some built in entertainment of the natural kind nearby so we don't have to get in the car to amuse ourselves.
Any thoughts?
Old Apr 24th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Actually, most of the rentals we've inquired about on VRBO ended up routing us through a local real estate firm, so I don't think calling a few in and around Taos would be a bad idea.