Reload this Page >

Train from NJ to NYC?

Search

Train from NJ to NYC?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 03:02 PM
JAY

Train from NJ to NYC?

I am planning an overnight trip to NYC Dec. 14th and used to drive to Jersey City and take the Path train from Jersey City to the WTC and catch the subway to uptown when I would visit. Now that that option is not available, I am looking for information on how to drive up to somewhere in NJ from Baltimore (Trenton, perhaps?) and then get to the city from there. Anyone have any suggestions? Does the Path run to Trenton? Thanks for any info. Also any info on cheap hotels that will take reservation for just one night. Preferably in the midtown area.
Thanks

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 03:10 PM
JP

Why not just take the train from Baltimore?
If it's in your pice range, try one of the Manhattan East properties. They have a special for $109/night for a studio suite. Online at www.mesuite.com

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 03:34 PM
Owen O'Neill

You could drive to the Iselin-Woodbridge area and take the NJ Transit train in - there's a park 'n ride there. Please note that the PATH train still runs between Jersey City and 33rd Street Herald square. It's only the WTC link that is closed.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:21 PM
Lisa

We like to drive to Princeton Junction and take the NJ transit train into NY from there. Very easy parking, and very reasonable ticket prices. I think you would get off the Route 1 exit of 95 (near the Quakerbridge Mall). The train stattion is 5 or 10 minutes from there. Follow the signs for Princeton Junction.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 04:31 PM
Z

You can still take a Pathtrain from Jersey City to Manhattan. The train makes a few stops in Manhattan before ending the run at the PATH station at 33rd And Broadway.

Old Dec 1st, 2002, 10:13 PM
patty

Just FYI, the other stops in Manhattan are Christopher St, 9th St, 14th St, 23rd St then 33rd St. And the stops in NJ are Hoboken, Pavonia/Newport, Grove St, Journal Square, Harrison and Newark.

Old Dec 6th, 2002, 09:53 AM
jason

just to clarify-the path train that you probably took from jersey city, (the one at exchange place on the water) is closed. the path station to manhattan is is on grove street (more inner jersey city)
there is however ferry services from exchange place to 38th st, the world financial center, and wall street. very convinient and parking is available