Reload this Page >

Train, bus or shuttle from Dulles to Johns Hopkins in Baltimore

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:00 PM
MaureenB

Anyone know the best way to get from Dulles airport, arriving around 7:30 p.m. on a Tuesday in May, and needing to get to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore. I know there's a train, but don't know where to catch it. Or a shuttle? Anyone have any suggestions? Thanks!

Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We've used Airport Shuttle, though not to Hopkins, and have had very positive experiences. They're reliable, helpful and prices seem reasonable.
Old Mar 30th, 2006, 02:03 PM
MaureenB

Wow- that was fast! Does airport shuttle only go to other airports, for example to BWI? Or would it go to a neighborhood?

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 06:29 AM
MaureenB

I contacted two shuttle services. One shuttle will pick up at Dulle and deliver to BWI, then you catch another shuttle from BWI to go home. It totals about $95. The other shuttle says a driver will meet you at the baggage claim, and drive you all the way to your home in Baltimore. That price is $100. I guess that's the best bet, and not too expensive, even adding in a tip.

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 06:54 AM

Forget rail..there are no rail connections at Dulles..you'd have to take the Washington Flyer shuttle to the Metro station (West Falls Church) then take the Metro to Union Station and then a train to Baltimore and then perhaps a taxi to Hopkins (are you going to the Homewood campus?).

A shuttle from IAD would be much, MUCH more convenient.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 07:00 AM

Best way to get from Dulles to JH? Omit Dulles altogether and fly to BWI. It's a long way from Dulles to JH which makes it hard to conceive that it won't be more economical/convenient to fly direct to BWI.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 08:05 AM
MaureenB

Thanks, polly, we usually do fly direct to BWI and take a $30 cab ride to the campus. But this is an international flight, so she has to go to Dulles this time.
And thanks, too, intrepid1 for the rail info. She does live across from the Homewood campus.
I guess we'll spring for the $100 shuttle.

Old Mar 31st, 2006, 08:28 AM
LN

Just a thought - but it might be cheaper, easier, and more convenient to rent a car for the day and return it to BWI.
Old Mar 31st, 2006, 08:59 AM
MaureenB

Now that's a good idea! But she's only 20, and I am not sure she could legally rent a car. It's worth looking into. However, she'll have come all the way from Florence via Munich, so will probably be too travel-weary to navigate D.C. and Baltimore traffic safely, I'm thinking, since she's never driven there. But if she had a traveling companion that would work. I'll ask her. Thanks.