Topsail Beach in April

Search

Topsail Beach in April

Search this Thread

Old Jan 29th, 2007, 04:46 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Topsail Beach in April

We are attending a wedding in Wilmington April 14 and have decided to spend the rest of the week at the beach. Will it be very cold and breezy in mid April? Dated posts on Topsail Island have prompted me to ask if there's a nicer part (less erosion,less construction, whatever) than another. Never been to the southern N.C. coast and hope to find a nice cottage on the beach. Any current advice out there on what part of the island to choose? TIA
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 07:58 AM

ttt

April weather on the Carolinas coast is a roll of the dice--air temps could be in the 70s, could be in the 50s. One thing is for certain, the water will be way too cold to swim in comfortably.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 08:51 AM

Right, the weather will be a roll of the dice. You might get 40s and you might even get 70s. I have vacationed at Topsail Island for almost forty years and find south of downtown Surf City to be nicer except that there is bad beach erosion in the vicinity of the Sea Vista Motel. Areas north of downtown Surf City have more erosion and many more condos.

My personal favorite cottages are the Armstrong, Blue Shamu and Hubbard Hall, each reneted through Century 21.
Old Jan 30th, 2007, 05:05 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the information- found some attractive homes that allows dogs (which is a necessity this trip) through Treasure Realty but they are all in North Topsail.
Old Jan 31st, 2007, 06:10 AM

Hubbard Hall allows pets, with a deposit. I will be vacationing there with my family in late May.