Search

Toddler in Boston

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27th, 2007, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Toddler in Boston

Am going to Boston in mid April with my husband (who is running the Boston marathon) and my daughter who will be 1 year old. Does anyone have any ideas for things to do to make toddler (and mom) happy? I visited Boston a number of years ago and I loved it, I've been to many tourist areas, including the MFA, Faneuil Hall and Quincy Market, SS Constitution, Newbury St (though I expect that will be visited again) etc.

Also, do people know of any good vegetarian restaurants in Boston? Any good tips for restaurants in the North End?

Thanks in advance
KD
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 03:33 AM

We went with our daughter a few months ago, when she was two.

She loved the aquarium, and just running around.

We have our trip report on this forum (I tried to e-mail myself the URL but did not get the e-mail, so you can search on zlaor) or at http://www.travelpod.com/members/laorfamily
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:45 AM

Go see the Make Way for Ducklings statue in the Public Garden. Jack, Kack, Lack, Mack, Nack, Oack, Pack, and Quack are right there for toddler to sit on and talk to. This is even more fun if you have read the book.

The chidlren's museum is famously popular with the young set, and is very near the aquarium.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 05:59 AM

Take a duck tour. Kids love how the truck turns into a boat and giggle the whole time. If it will be marathon time, you better book everything (from restaurants to hotels, to duck tours) NOW.
Old Feb 28th, 2007, 06:02 AM

Also, I don't know any vegetarian restaurants even though I live here. However, with a toddler, a good option might be Figs, which is a very charming pizza restaurant on Charles Street in Beacon Hill (very cute). They obviously can do a vegetarian pizza and have delicious salads, with a lot of charm. Very Bostonian.