Ideas for Boston Weekend

Search

Ideas for Boston Weekend

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 12:19 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ideas for Boston Weekend

Hi - Bringing 2 college freshman from Springfield to Boston for weekend in mid-October(Sat/Sun) staying at the Seaport 1 night, I think it's Bay Bay Area. Planning on doing Duck Tour & Freedom Trail & some shopping. Any other suggestions? Also a restaurant in the back bay area would be most appreciated preferably seafood, but open to suggestions. Thanks so much.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 12:29 PM

There's been a ton of posts about Boston lately with a lot of good info.

The Seaport hotel is actually not in the Back Bay, it's in the, well, Seaport area near South Boston.

I like Atlantic Fish in the Back Bay. If the kids want more of a "scene", try Sonsie.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 05:45 PM

We were in Boston about a month ago. There is sooo much to do. Depending on the kid's interests, there is the observation deck at the Prudential Building, the Aquarium, a tour of Fenway, the art museum, a tour of the state capital building, the JFK Library, and so much more. We loved all of it! The people were helpful and friendly (they talk a little funny tho...). We took the T everywhere with no troubles. Can't wait to go back!
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 06:00 PM

kaybee, we just got back; check out my name for my trip report if you're interested. We loved the Duck Tour and Freedom Trail. I'd recommend getting the guide for the Freedom Trail - it added a lot to our experience.

We also went whale watching, which was amazing - not sure when the season ends, but you can check with the aquarium there. I'd recommend you go to Regina's for pizza; it's been there for 80 years and is really good and also walk around the North End and get some good cannoli - we liked Modern Pastry; other people like Mike's better - either way it's fun. There are great Italian restaurants all over the North End if that interests you. The kids might also like "Shear Madness" - it's an interactive murder mystery comedy play that's pretty entertaining; there were a lot of college-aged kids there when we went.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 06:08 PM
kealalani

In Seaport, Legal Seafood Test Kitchen is pretty good. We also like Eastern Pier, which has the best clams in blackbean sauce ever and a view to beat.....a little divey, but hey! Wicked is playing at the Opera House if that is of interest. Make sure you book the Duck tour ahead and do the Duck Tour, not the Duck excursion ripoff. IMHP!

College age shopping has always been interesting at Urban Outfitters, which has stores at the end of Newbury and in Fanuel Hall. May not have the buys and glamour of our college days, but it still can be fun.

Good luck!

Old Sep 24th, 2007, 06:17 PM
TKT

check out www.improvasylum.com
most young adults like improv comedy.
It is also on Hanover Street in the north end, a fun place to just stroll.
Old Sep 24th, 2007, 08:30 PM

Dear Kaybee,
You mentioned wanting to go to a seafood restaurant in Back Bay. I would highly recommend Legal Seafood in the Prudential Center which is close to Newbury Street where the college freshmen will enjoy window shopping. On Newbury Street a great stop for them would be the Trident Bookstore which has a very popular cafe inside. Back at the Prudential Center, you can go to the top via elevator for fabulous views of Boston. The Duck Tour starts from the back of the Pru Center. And inside the Pru Center the students will enjoy the upscale stores and accessible, attractive kiosks.

Have fun... I am sure you will,
Jane
Old Sep 25th, 2007, 04:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks so much to everyone for your great suggestions & will surely check out your trip report volcanogirl.
Thanks again!