Search

To Bonniebroad

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2006, 03:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Bonniebroad

Well are you ready for Bears-Panthers part two? The Panthers looked great vs. the Giants and I would think they have payback on their minds after the first game here. It should be a close one. What are your travel plans this yr? Larry.
Old Jan 11th, 2006, 07:28 PM
bonniebroad

Larry, I was just thinking of *paging* you on here!!! So funny ... I thought of you as soon as I knew who my Panthers were playing! I think this game is going to be a real battle, and I'm looking forward to it!!! I'm already so excited about the Carolina Hurricanes ... if the Panthers go all the way, I may just bust!!!

We're still discussing our plans for this year. Our 16 year old dog is still zipping along so we're not flying anywhere yet ... silly us won't leave him in the kennel, and there's no one we trust to stay with him, sad to say.

So for now, we'll still be driving around the U.S., maybe back to Florida, definitely to New England, and maybe for the first time, out toward Arizona, New Mexico and that part of the country. Of course, even staying near home in North Carolina, our mountains and beaches are wonderful so we never get bored!

Once we are free to fly, we have tons of FF miles for Europe, and lots of islands!!!

So what exotic places are you headed for this year? I always love hearing about your trips! Don't forget to come to North Carolina sometime ... it really is beautiful!

As for Sunday, well, you gotta know Panthers can get Bears!!!

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 05:26 AM
Original Poster

Hi Bonnie: Well I'm glad to hear your pooch is well. I guess he's been with you for a while and must be a member of the family. Yes, it should be a good game and it looks like the weather will be quite moderate for this time of yr. The predicted high is 39 F. Thats balmy for us in Jan. If the Bears don't make it we sure can't fall back to the Blackhawks! They just lost their 10th out of 11 or something like that. Yuk! We are booked on the Tahitian Princess for late summer. Its a 10 day cruise to Tahiti and the Cook Islands. Can't wait! Also Aer Lingus has a special now with R/T air from Chi to Dub. for $260.00 so we are trying to get some vacation time in March to take advantage of these fares. We'll see. It takes a mighty big Panther to get a Bear. LOL! Honestly though I do sense some Bearish overconfidence. They are being compared to the 1985 Bears who sure did plenty of talking but backed it up. Again, we'll see. I sort of think next yr. will be their time but hey, I'm a Cub fan. I'm used to saying next year. . Cheers, Larry
Old Jan 12th, 2006, 06:28 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, if a Panther is REAL SNEAKY and springs from just the right angle ... well, you never know!!!

When the time comes, you will have to advise me on Tahiti. That's a place I really want to visit!

Old Jan 12th, 2006, 07:43 AM
Original Poster

I've always said you gotta watch for those sneaky Panthers. LOL! Tahiti is in August, a long way off. At least its something to look forward to. what I would say off the top is see it via a cruise. Eating there is beyond belief $$$ wise unless you don't mind paying $25.00 for a burger. . Cheers, Larry