Search

To Bonniebroad:

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2004, 05:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To Bonniebroad:

I saw a reference you made to and entertainment guide or book on a recent thread. How do I get one of these? Thanks, Larry
Old May 31st, 2004, 07:08 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, go to entertainment.com....... you can order one there for Hawaii. The 2004 books were on sale for a total of about $15, including S&H, a wonderful buy. When is your trip? The 2004 books are good thru November 1 of this year. After that, you'll have to pay the full price for 2005 book.

Did you ever decide about that helicopter ride on the Big Island??? I'm so jealous of your going, guy......... Sure wish they'd allow my dog to use FF miles, and go with me! (We won't leave him at his advanced age.......... )

Old May 31st, 2004, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

Thanks Bonnie: We will be there late July, early August. Actually for about the same price you can get a 2 hr. plane ride vs. a 45 min. copter ride but my wife does not like the idea of being in a small plane that long. My son and I our OK with it but of course if she is too uncomfortable we'll just do the copter ride. How old is your dog BTW? You must consider him a member of the family. It gets that way with pets. We had a Siamese cat for 20 yrs. and it was sure hard to let him go. Thankd for the info. I'll check it out. Aloha, Larry
Old May 31st, 2004, 08:07 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, the pooch is 14 years 8 months......... and a Cairn Terrier (think of a blonde Toto ) . Their average lifespan is 12 - 15 years so we're lucky to have had the old sweetie this long. He's doing well for his age, but gets horribly depressed, won't eat...... if we leave him. And yes, he is family, for sure. So your kitty was 20? WOW........ he had a good long life. I'm sure you will always miss him.

I don't do helicopters or small planes...... I have terrible motion sickness/balance issues........ but probably would be chicken even if I didn't! Especially those 'copters, but I understand there's nothing like the view you get from them. Do you have the "Hawaii: The Big Island Revealed" by Doughty and Friedman? They have a real good discussion on the helicopters, who's good to go with, etc.

Refresh my memory........ you are going just to Big Island this trip, right? And staying at the Marriott Waikoloa Beach Resort? I love that resort, and am really looking forward to getting back ASAP!

Old May 31st, 2004, 08:51 AM
Original Poster

Bonnie You recall is pefect! You nailed it. I ordered the entertainment book and will check out the guide book as well. Thanks again, Larry.
Old May 31st, 2004, 09:53 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, when reading the "Waikiki Shore Resort" thread, I had an "AHA!" moment. I do believe two posters are the same person.......... had wondered before...... let me know if you catch it! No need for discussion beyond that..

Old May 31st, 2004, 10:33 AM
Original Poster

I was wondering the same thing. Too much "sweetie" to be real. LOL! BTW I saw you are from the South in a different thread. Where may I ask? We went south once, to Myrtle beach and really liked it. Great for families and golf for me!
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:11 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, read even closer.... on that thread... I'm sure I'm right.

We are in Raleigh, NC, a genuinely wonderful place, except for the summer heat and humidity. Raleigh is central, but I grew up in the Western part of the state, Piedmont tobacco country, a tad cooler and bit less humidity. Raleigh is in the sub-tropical weather zone with Charleston and Savannnah, and believe me, you know it in summer. (Some years you will run the A/C from April to November, I swear, though it's usually mid-May to mid-October.) I've lived in other places, but am home again now!

Try a jaunt to the North Carolina coast sometime........ so beautiful, and there's lots of golf up and down the coast for you! And our mountains are glorious......... can you tell I love my state?

Where are you from? Are you one of those ****** Yankees?;-)

Old May 31st, 2004, 11:32 AM
Original Poster

I'm afraid so. . I grew up in Chicago and live in the burbs now and am a die dard Cubs fan. Thanks for Michael Jordan BTW. We had some great, great yrs. here with the Bulls and all their championships. The excitement of those yrs. is sure missed now. I hear NC is a great place to live and to raise a family, esp. in the Charlotte area. We made it to Patriots point when we were in Myrtle. The aircraft carrier Yorktown is moored there and as my uncle served on it during WW II it was pretty cool to see. Any pics for beach areas and resorts in the South would be appreciated. We are always looking for the next palce to visit. Cheers, Larry PS, I'll reread the thread asap.
Old May 31st, 2004, 11:46 AM
bonniebroad

Larry, we were just on the Yorktown, too, a few weeks ago! In that area, did you go through the Vietnam exhibit? That really got to me, knowing what is going on in Iraq and Afghanistan.

Regarding Michael and the Bulls, I have a 40-ish niece who swears she delayed finishing her college degree until the glory days of Michael and the Bulls were over! Said it just took too much time and energy to be a REAL Bulls fan, and study, too.;-) (Thank goodness, she is now an accountant, managed to finally do it!) She was cheering from over in Winston-Salem, too!

I will think of some N.C. info/links for you, and post it over the next few days! (I've only flown through Chicago....... never had the pleasure!)

You may miss it....... on that thread. It's not glaring, but there. No biggie..... I just think it's funny!

Old May 31st, 2004, 12:09 PM
Original Poster

Actually I have a funny story about Michael mania. In 1998 the Bulls played the Jazz in game 6 (turned out to be the last game) and we had a wedding to attend that day. Big problem. So we went to the wedding but begged out before the game started to "pick up my aunt who unexpectedly was arriving at Midway airport, way across town" We went home, changed into our game clothes, sat in our respective "lucky" spots and watched the Bulls pull out #6 in a thriller. Our son who was 17 at the time invited friends over so we had a house full of young teens (bout 12 I think)and got pretty loud and wild when the Bullies won that thing as you can well imagine!. They all tore out of the house and went cruising (the whole town was out tooting horns and partying) and mt wife and I put our good clothes back on and went to the wedding dinner. I'll never forget that day
Old May 31st, 2004, 12:15 PM
bonniebroad

HILARIOUS! I LOVE IT! Will relate your story to my niece!

Old May 31st, 2004, 12:33 PM
Original Poster

Glad you liked it.