Timeshare resale in Wailea, Maui

Aug 23rd, 2009, 12:34 AM
Original Poster

Timeshare resale in Wailea, Maui

We are staying at the Mariott in Wailea Maui and love this area. We would like to look into purchasing a timeshare while here, near Ulua beach. I"ve done some research and found plenty of timeshares in Kihei and west Maui, but none in Wailea. All the non-mega resorts seem to be condos (like Eula and Ekahi)
Any recommendations are appreciated.
Mahalo!
Aug 28th, 2009, 08:39 AM

Try www.tug2.net This is a timeshare user group. It offers for sale and rentals.
Aug 29th, 2009, 05:06 AM

Wouldn't that cost more per year than the same amount of time at a beautiful area hotel? And much more than a beautiful upscale condo?
Just don't understand the concept, I guess. (And listened to my share of spiels in exchange for goods and/or services...)
Aug 29th, 2009, 08:55 AM

How many times have you visited Hawaii? How much does it cost for you to get there? Have you visited other islands?

I much prefer the flexibility of being able to visit other places in Hawaii.
Aug 29th, 2009, 07:58 PM

I own a timeshare in Palm Desert. I go lots of other places, too.
Sep 1st, 2009, 06:50 AM

Also try www.redweek.com

Don't think Wailea has timeshares, that area would be more likely to try and sell "vacation ownership" which is essentially timeshare but in blocks of a few months at a time, not a week !!! Ritz starts at $300K or so in Kapalua
Sep 1st, 2009, 07:40 AM

The closest timeshare I know of is Maui Hill, which is just across the "border" in So. Kihei. Five minute drive to Ulua Beach. It sits on a rise above the Kihei Boat Ramp. I think it's a very pleasant property, but not as upscale as most in Wailea.
Sep 1st, 2009, 08:00 AM

We have a time share in West Maui and use it every other year (as our contract reads). I'm glad we have it but it was purchased 10 years ago. I'm pretty sure we wouldn't do it today with prices what they are. You could take many very nice vacations for what they're asking.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 10:28 AM

We have a timeshare right now that has several properties in Hawaii. The the price we paid for it + the annual maintanence fee we could choose to stay in a new, upscale condo anywhere in the islands we'd like. Bottom line, I haven't found the ROI to be there.
Sep 3rd, 2009, 11:33 AM

We had a timeshare in the Caribbean many years ago and found that it was virtually impossible to trade our week, despite claims to the contrary by RCI. I'd strongly advise you to reconsider, especially right now when so many hotels are offering great perks and lowered rates.