Reload this Page >

Time's getting close......

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 07:25 AM
Josie

and indecisiveness kicking in....which is better? Cedar Lodge in El Portal or Tenaya in Fish Camp? Would someone who's been to both areas advise me on where to stay to avoid temper tantrums from to too much time in the car, unable to find food, trauma from roadkill, etc. etc. Thank you.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:05 AM
Hugh

Help me understand what you are talking about...can you be a little more clear on what/where you need help with?

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:08 AM
bj

Oops, my mistake. I thought this was a sausage discussion.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 08:33 AM
Suzie

Josie is talking about Yosemite. If you're talking about which is a better drive into Yosemite, I believe the El Portal location would be better if the temper tantrums are coming from the back seat. The drive from Fish Camp to Yosemite Valley is windy and if you are stuck in the back seat you may be in danger of getting carsick due to the windy road. That said we have recently stayed at the Tanaya Lodge anyway. We enjoyed visiting Wawona and the giant sequoias. We drove in over Tioga Pass and saw the sights in the valley before making our way to Fish Camp. Our back seat passengers were not happy with us by the time we got to Fish Camp, however once they were able to get to the pool and relax things got better.
If your plan is to see the valley I'd choose El Portal. I've never stayed at Cedar Lodge so I can't compare the facility to the Tanaya Lodge.

Old Apr 22nd, 2002, 11:17 PM
Josie

Thanks for the input, Suzie (knew somebody would understand my frenzied posting.) How long did you stay at Tenaya Lodge? We won't have any kids with us to slow us down.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:35 AM
Suzie

We stayed two or 3 nights. We were coming from Mammoth and drove over Tioga Pass. We stopped at many places on the way to the valley. In the Valley we had a picnic and looked around. Then we drove to Fish camp. This was probably too much driving for 1 day. We were happy to arrive at the hotel and relax by the pool. The next day we visited Wawona and the giant sequoias and fished. We've been to Yosemite many times since we live in No CA so seeing the valley every time is not necessary. There is much to see in the park. If you are interested in doing more in the valley then Fish Camp is a little over an hour drive but it is beautiful. The road is quite curvy.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:49 AM
Duih

Hey Hugh...

If you don't recognize the names of the places Josie is talking about.........YOU DON'T NEED TO GIVE ADVICE!!!!!!!

That's the problem with this board. Too many people offering suggestions to places they have no idea about.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 07:52 AM
xx

Sorry, but you should at least post a coherent message if you want good answers. Josie's "layout" message doesn't make much sense either.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 08:40 AM
xx

It wasn't Josie who did the layout one it was Joan. If you're going to criticize at least be right.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 11:33 AM
Josie

I'm happy with the answers. I'll promise not to get incoherent if xx would stop arguing with himself.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 12:14 PM
xx

Josie, we're not the same person xx #1 has 3x in the address I have only 2. See different posters.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:27 PM
JHC

If ever there were a sorrier thread, I'd like to see it. This disaster screams to be deleted.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:31 PM
Suzie

Maybe someone could chime in with information about Cedar Lodge so that Josie can have some comparison.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:38 PM
now

Josie, I suggest you just copy your original question and paste it into a new thread you start, with a new title
"Yosemite: Cedar Lodge in El Portal or Tenaya in Fish Camp".
Then you might hear from more people
who have information you can use

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 01:44 PM
me

I, too, came here for sausage. Sorry.

Old Apr 23rd, 2002, 02:05 PM
Josie

Thanks to all the helpful replies; I have been able to unmuddle my mind and come to a decision. I'm going to stay at the better hotel even if it is down the winding road to Yosemite. I'll let you know when I get back if they have good sausage there....sure hope it stays down.