Tiffany's New York City?

Search

Tiffany's New York City?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:16 AM
Poor

Tiffany's New York City?

Really want to get a little "souvenir' from
Tiffany's. Is there anything there that isn't extremely pricey?

thanks

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:19 AM
Holly G

Go have breakfast there!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:25 AM
xxx

Buy a keychain. I think they are under $50. It is a huge store! Nice place to look around.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:26 AM
E

Order a catalogue from www.tiffanys.com and take a look...they used to have a really delicate Elsa Peretti necklace for $60...not sure if they still do, take a look!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 10:38 AM
David

Lots of lower-priced jewelry and accessories and home stuff on the upper floors...

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:11 AM
rachel

the little elsa peretti open heart necklace is now about $100. keychains are probably your best bet, or maybe silver earrings. alternatively, try canal street where you can buy not only tiffany knock-offs but also knock-off boxes and bags!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Wendy

I'm sure you know but Tiffany's is all over the states now.

www.tiffanys.com

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 11:37 AM
danna

I recently read someone disrespecting Tiffany's for coming down-market and having spread their Elsa Perretti heart necklaces around amongst us commoners.

Too bad, 'cause I LOVE my open heart necklace...silver...somewhere around $100...the bigest one. It looks great with lots of my clothes and especially adds a little oommph to a black sweater or dress. Highly recommended.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:20 PM
leti

Tiffany's gets very VERY crowded at this time of year, with waits sometimes to enter the store. Go early when it opens to enjoy the experience.

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 12:38 PM
shop

You can get a key chain for $50. Go to tiffany.com and see what they have to offer. I recently got a new watch band (for my Tiffany watch which was a gift) and a new battery and it was around $100.

But the experience of going there makes it all worthwhile!

Old Nov 5th, 2002, 01:19 PM
nyer

Sterling silver keychains and some of the small
("ladies purse size" ) silver ball point pens are the best looking items under $100. Also, some crystal paperweights (shaped like a stylized heart, or a diamond) should also be in that $50-100 price range) . Below that, you're looking at things like a single very plain wineglass (that has no Tiffany marking on it...)