Reload this Page >

The Whaler on Kaanapali???

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26th, 2002, 09:15 AM
Sandra

We are presently booked at the Kaanapali Shores(see other post) but was wondering what people thought of the Whaler. Would it be better? We have 3 children under 7 and want to do more relaxing than sightseeing? Thanks for any info.

Old Apr 27th, 2002, 08:21 AM
Tammy

Stayed at the shores last March and thought it was fine. I have not stayed at the whaler but have walked past it many times. It is in a busy area along kaanapalli beach-lot's of people. It is also near shops and restaurants that would be easy to walk too. The Whaler has no grounds to speak of and the pool-if there is one is very small. The shores is a bit north of the kaanapalli beach strip and the beach there is not the greatest. However, the tropical grounds are pretty and relaxing. The polls are not big, but are never crowded. Just depends on what you want: the convienience of Kaanapalli beach or a place that is quieter with grounds.

Old May 8th, 2002, 10:00 AM
Ken

I have stayed at the both properties. I much preferred the Whaler mainly because of location, location, location. The Whaler is near everything, including right on beautiful Kaanapali Beach !

Kaanapali Shores virtually has no beach. For me being on a great beach is essential.

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:17 PM
Postal

The Whaler is a million times better than the Shores - and worth the price you quoted for the Shores in an earlier post! You cannot go wrong with the Whaler!

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Sandy

You may want to also consider looking into the Kannapali Alii condos - about 2 properties down from The Whaler. We stayed there two years ago (2 bedroom, 2 bath, garden view, very nice) and liked it alot. My recollection of the Whaler (never stayed there but did walk by) is that it has a very small pool area. The Alii has a nice (and I think larger) swimming pool plus an adjacent shallow "children's pool" for little ones. The Alii's patio area is large with an adjacent eating area with tables and chairs and (gas?) BBQ grills for use by the guests, very conducive for spending alot of time out there. Kids liked being about to swim at dinner time and not have to go indoors to eat. When we were there the Alii offered charging privileged at several other resort properties in Kannapali to eat, along with pool service for ordering food from the Marriott (next door), but check to see if that is still available.

Old May 9th, 2002, 09:47 AM
Ken

The Kaanapali Alii is definitely a superior property to the Whaler - if you can afford it. The Alii costs far more. If price is no object definitely go for the Kaanapali Alii.