The Views Inn Sedona

Old Feb 23rd, 2008, 12:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Views Inn Sedona

So I had finally decided I wanted to stay at the Hilton while we visit Sedona. I went to a website that gave my chances of winning the Hilton very high on priceline for a certain amount. I took a gamble and instead ended up with The Views Inn.

Yes, I'm disappointed but that's the risk. Has anyone stayed at this place? The view looks great and it looks pretty basic. Can you share your experience?

Also, any restaurants recommendations would also be appreciated
Old Mar 3rd, 2008, 09:59 AM

You know you didn't mention if it was Priceline you were trying to win on. I always go to http://www.biddingfortravel.com first and see what places people are winning on priceline and at what cost. Plus it gives a list of who are the hotels at each level.

Don't be bummed....you'll be in Sedona and not in your room much anyway!

Check out http://www.sedonablog.blogspot.com because they have tons of great Sedona information.

Old Mar 12th, 2008, 10:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks Jenny for your support!! Actually it was priceline and I did go to biddingfortravel before bidding. This hotel wasn't mentioned at all, so I was really surprised. In fact, later I saw that for only $10 more I could have gotten the Hilton resort. Oh well. I'm actually here now and it's not that bad. I mean it is a motel, but it's clean and close to things so we're making the most of our vacation. And like you said, it's Sedona and it's beautiful
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 02:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 1 Post
Restaurant suggestions.

In town - Cowboy Club
Sedona West - Picassa for gourmet salads & pizza
In Thal - Oak Creek Brewery

I ate at all 3 and all were fine. I got to Oak Creek Brewery just as it was winding down so it was mostly empty.

Cowboy Club & Picassa were both pretty well packed and very gtood.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 02:56 AM

Forgot to mention.

You are very close to some very scenic, easy hikes; Bell Rock Pathway, Bell Rock, Broken Arrow.

Try not to miss sunset at Crescent Moon Picnic area for a spectacular view of Cathedral Rock turning bright orange.

Or up at the airport.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 05:48 AM

You'll enjoy your stay and don't get the least bit down on yourself about going to biddingfor...and not seeing this place. That's because NOBODY REPORTED it there..until you do....people who think the biddingfortravel site is somehow "infallible"...well....
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:43 AM

another restaurant suggestion, if you are reading this:

Cafe Elote at the Kings Ransom Hotel. Its really, REALLY good mexican. Try the lambshank, or the chile relleno. and the namesake dish, the elote appetizer was wonderful.
Old Mar 13th, 2008, 09:41 PM
Original Poster

Thank you all for your suggestions! We actually did an easy half hike on Bell Rock Pathways with our 17 month old daughter. The view was spectular and very relaxing.

We tried to go to Crescent Moon Picnic by taking a short cut going from a road south of Oak Creek, but the road went through some off roading on clay and dead ended at the creek. Too bad because cresent moon picnic was just over the creek according to our map. We didn't want to make the drive all around through Sedona West with our restless daughter so we had to skip it.

Tonight I happened to eat at Oak Creek Brewery and it was great. The food was good, kid friendly and the area it is in Tlaquepaque, was beautiful!

Last night we went to a restuarant called Cucina Rustica by Dahl & Diluca by the Hilton and that was really delicious and beautiful. I highly recommend it.

Dukey, I should have been more careful by putting too much weight on biddingfor... lesson learned.

All in all, it was a great trip and we're sad to be leaving tomorrow
Old Mar 14th, 2008, 02:34 AM

Glad you were able to do two of my suggestions.

Bell Rock area is great and Oak Creek Brewery was very good as well.

I knew about the road to the Crescent Moon Picnic area from the south. I read about it as a free way in. When I was watching the sun setting on Cathedral Rock I saw people stuck on the other side of the fence.

I just never thought about recommending against it and going around. It's about a half hour around.

Glad you're having (had) a great time.

Now we're waiting for a complete report.

.... and photos.