Embassy Suites in Flagstaff

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 09:59 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anybody stayed there? I've read on trip advisor that the only criticism was that it is near RR tracks and the noise from the train whistles throughout the night could be annoying. Is it in a decent location for touring the Sedona area? Help!
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 10:04 AM
TahitiTams

Hi Budman..
Haven't stayed at the Embassy Suites because of the train noise..
Did stay at the La Quinta Inn and Suites in Flagstaff last year and it was new and pretty darn nice..it was around $100 a night..and no RR noise!
I got a great rate on Expedia for the Hyatt for $119 for a studio in March..
They have a LQ in Sedona as well as a Days Inn too..

Old Jan 7th, 2008, 10:59 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, I will check out La Quinta. I would go to priceline if it were just me, but one couple has two kids and definitely needs two beds. Priceline only guarantees a room for 2 people with l bed.
Old Jan 7th, 2008, 08:10 PM

We stayed at Embassy Suites in Flagstaff a few years ago. I am a light sleeper, but we asked for a quiet non-smoking room, and didn't hear a thing. It's an easy drive to Sedona and especially scenic if you go through Oak Creek Canyon.

A place in Sedona that is very family friendly is Sky Ranch Lodge. Accommodations are basic and rustic but clean and many units have kitchens. The view is tremendous.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 07:41 AM
emd

Budman, why stay in Flag to see Sedona? It's a long drive down from Flag to Sedona, scenic yes, but I woudln't want to do ti every day if I was planning on being in Sedona more than one day. It is a bit harrowing at night as there are drops off the side of the road due to the steep road in the canyon and it's very dark.

There are places in Sedona w/two beds and lots of space at reasonable price...Hampton Inn on 89A comes to mind. Sky Ranch lodge a bit more rustic but rooms w/great views and lots of space at reasonable rates, and the nice thing is their rates stay stable all yr, do not change w/the season. There are also suite hotels also w/separate living areas in Sedona.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 11:27 AM
Original Poster

emd, thanks. We're changing our plans and looking for a place in Sedona.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 01:37 PM
emd

Budman, if you have questions about Sedona hotels after you look around, ask away. BTW, don't miss eating and having a mug or two at Oak Creek Brewery in Sedona.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 02:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks. Oak Creek Brewery will be on my must-do list.
Old Jan 8th, 2008, 04:08 PM

Hey Budman, i totally agree with emd; she's really an amazing expert on sedona. And as often as we've been in flag it has nothing of the charm and offerings of sedona, altho its a fine little town.

You might check Best Western Arroyo Roble, in town within walking distance of everything, shoppes, restaurants ect. A step up from BW, more of a hotel with nice amenities, all (i think) rooms with private balcony and view. But towards the back near the river and indoor pool complex there are condos that might better suit your needs. We've also stayed in the other BW and while fine, it has a shared terrace - with great views - but you'll need to drive everywhere. Whatever you choose, you'll be glad you stayed there!