the Sagamore

Feb 11th, 2003, 03:26 AM
Original Poster

the Sagamore

Anyone ever stay at the Sagamore at Lake George NY? Our family has a Disney timeshare and this is one of its getaways. We are interested in this resort but know nothing about it. Also any info about sightseeing would be helpful. thanks
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:14 AM

Have never stayed but have seen photos looks wonderful and I have to say I would stay there in a heartbeat. It frequently comes up in documentaries looking at historical properties nationwide.

Sorry you probably know this already but I thought I would add.
Feb 11th, 2003, 04:38 AM

I stayed there. Very nice, very country club, fair food. Pretty lake. Worth a getaway.
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:13 AM

Yes, we stayed at the Sagamore last fall on the way home from a trip to Montreal. It is a perfect way to break up a long drive.
We stayed in a lodge on the lake, not the main house. Very luxurious, fireplace, little balcony overlooking the lake. The service is excellent, they treated us very well. We only ate in the little restaurant/pub one night, the other we had a special dinner catered (we were celebrating an anniversary). I look forward to going back again, it is quite beautiful there.
As for sightseeing, the only things I know of besides the Lake itself is Blue Mountain Lake, they have late Sept. flea markets that are great (I saw several celebs at that one and Ausible Chasm.
Have a great time!
Feb 11th, 2003, 05:04 PM

The Sagamore is actually located on a peninsula in Lake George, in the town of Bolton Landing. It is extraordinary in every way and I'd recommend taking advantage of your timeshare opportunity.

As for "sightseeing", you may not want to leave the Sagamore, as the ammenities are wonderful and the location is idyllic. I cannot imagine a more perfect place to just relax and enjoy yourselves.

Assuming you have a car, there are scenic drives and things to do and see in every direction.

Lake Placid (home to two Olympics), several scenic/historic towns in the Adirondacks, and the lakeside (if "touristy") town of Lake George, among other destinations (Saratoga) are all within an easy drive.

Depending upon the length of your stay, you may even want to venture on down to the Hudson River Valley, chock full of "sightseeing", including the Roosevelt/Vanderbilt historical sights.
Feb 12th, 2003, 05:16 AM

sjgirl,
The Sagamore is a great place. I'm curious since I'm not familiar with Disney timeshares. Is part of the Sagamore a timeshare?
Feb 12th, 2003, 06:22 AM

Gee, I must have stayed at a different Sagamore! I found the place to be pretty worn and not all that great. The room (and we stayed in a suite) was decorated with very ugly, worn furniture and I found the food in the restaurant to be sub-par. Also, most guests appeared to be in their 70s and 80s. We felt like we were staying in a nursing home! Not my idea of a "vacation". Lake Placid, on the other hand, is wonderful! Mirror Lake Inn is beautiful.
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:22 AM
Original Poster

dear traveler,In answer to your question about Disney timeshares,ourjfamily recently purchased our disney timeshare and so far used it once for our son's wedding. They also have getaways and the concierge collection for short trips and include nice resorts all over the U.S. such as the grove park inn in NC and out to the west. This will be our first exchange of points for our getaway. We want to go todisney every other year and getaways on alternate years. We can purchase studios,one,two or three bedroom for our family which is growing with grandkids every year. H ope this is helpful.
Feb 15th, 2003, 06:50 AM

sjgirl,
Book early if you want to get in... it stays pretty booked up for the summer. Might have to try for a year in advance - at least that has been my experience 2 years ago.

Happy Trails,
Paul

Search this Thread