Reload this Page >

the riverside tower hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 06:46 AM
jan

has anyone stayed there? is it good/bad?
the price is ok.hoping for comments.

jan

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:25 AM
katie

Jan: If your talking about New York, do a search of this site. I think I read that the location was bad and they don't have locks on the doors. Might try somewhere else like Portland Square, Habitat Hotel. Search for budget hotels in New York.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 08:51 AM
x

The location is not a problem but haven't read any positive reviews of this place. From what I have read and seen I would pass.

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 10:07 AM
monica

If this is the one in NYC - I would not recommend it. I stayed in what is called a "suite for 2 people" - it was a twin bed, with a trundle bed that pulls out from under the 1st twin, and when put together, there was about 7 inches left to walk around the room. The paint was peeling off the walls, and the bathroom was scary!! The shower curtain did not look like it had been cleaned in a while. The location was nice, but I would not stay there again (even if you paid me).

Old Nov 11th, 2002, 10:09 AM
lisa

My IL's stayed there during our wedding. It's an okay location (the Upper West Side is a nice neighborhood, but it's on Riverside Drive, the park can be a little creepy at night, and it's not centrally located for most tourist sightseeing), but the hotel is a dump. They regretted it.

I second the recommendation for Habitat Hotel. www.habitatny.com.

Old Nov 12th, 2002, 12:06 AM
jan

Thanks a lot for your help. i skip this hotel, and try to find out some more about habitat and portland square..but the riverside looks ok on the net,but you never know, thats why i use the fodors, and again, thanks for all the help you have been giving me.

jan