The Inn at Venice Beach (California)

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 27th, 2010, 08:40 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have made a reservation here, as the price is good, and it looks unique. Good reviews on TA.

I will just be there two nights, and will be dependent on a family member for car transportation. So I want an area I can walk around, and to the beach. Complimentary breakfast and wi-fi are included, which is important for me.

Does anyone have any personal experience staying here? Or know anything about it?
http://www.innatvenicebeach.com/
Old May 28th, 2010, 11:56 AM
Original Poster

Anyone??
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:25 PM

I've stayed there. It's fine but isn't quite as charming as it looks on the website. For the price and location it's probably the best place around. You can easily walk to the beach and to restaurants etc.
Old May 28th, 2010, 01:34 PM

Hi,I have stayed at this hotel and found it to be lovely, the outside inner courtyard breakfast area is very nice with a good selection. The area is excellent, with a short walk to beach and 10 minute interesting walk to Marina Del Ray. Loved it. Ask for a room away from the bar next door as it can be a bit noisy at weekends. I would stay there again if I was in the area.
Old May 28th, 2010, 04:19 PM
Original Poster

Thank you! The location is the key for this visit.

I will report back after I stay there.
Old May 31st, 2010, 08:30 AM
Original Poster

So far the hotel management has been very responsive and helpful. Thanks for the tip to stay away from a room near the bar. The inner courtyard looks great for breakfast and daily relaxing away from the craziness of Venice beach. It reminds me of a European style hotel, and I don't mind if it isn't fancy. So long as its clean. The location will be perfect.
Old Jun 9th, 2010, 10:42 AM
Original Poster

I am checking out of the Inn at Venice Beach today. I recommend it highly. It is cute, clean, well-managed, and such a great location for walking Venice Beach.

My queen room is large enough, with a cathedral ceiling. There is a large granite 'vanity' with mirror in the main room, with a small refrigerator under it. The bathroom sink and mirror are outside the toilet/shower room, which I like, especially when there are two in the room. There is a sliding door in my room, which overlooks the interior courtyard. A/C in the room.

Couldn't ask for more, especially for $149 including breakfast and free wi-fi. Covered self-parking is just $7/day.

The sister property, Jamaica Bay Inn, is recommended by our friends, too. It is currently under renovation.