Samara Treehouse Inn or a great beach hotel

Old Feb 26th, 2008, 01:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Samara Treehouse Inn or a great beach hotel

My husband and I are spending one week in the Osa in Costa Rica, and thought we'd like to find a funky hotel right on the beach in a different area for the next week. Has anyone stayed here? Or, does anyone have any suggestions for a great simple beach hotel that is not too busy, and definitely not commercial. we are in our 50's. Or has anyone stayed at Sueno del mar?
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 01:55 PM

We did not stay at the Samara Treehouse Inn because we were traveling with a child but it looked great! From the outside it has a perfect location and seemed well maintained.
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 02:01 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the speedy reply. Was the beach really busy in that area? I hear Playa Samara is busy. Or is it quieter down where the treehouse inn is?
Old Feb 26th, 2008, 06:49 PM

It was not really busy when we were there in August but it was located in the busy area of the beach. There is a town just to the south of Samara (maybe Carillo) that was a lot quieter, beautiful beach. If you are looking for solitude, or during the busy season that might be a good option. (I think you would need a car)

Old Apr 2nd, 2008, 11:15 AM

I stayed at the Treehouse Inn and loved it. Unfortunately, we didn't get a treehouse, but the house on the side. The staff there was really gracious. We were there in early March and the beach was not too busy at all. If you stay at this property though, be prepared to have people always coming by to take pictures from the road or the beach - that's the "busiest" part of it all.

I did hear from locals that Carillo beach is nicer, especially for sunsets, but didn't get there at all.

BTW, I highly recommend El Samareno restaurant! It was the best food we had in town.