Search

Cocoa Beach ~ help w/hotel choice!

Search this Thread

Old May 31st, 2003, 04:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cocoa Beach ~ help w/hotel choice!

Hello~
My family of four will be visiting Cape Canaveral for 2 nights as part of our Orlando vacation.
We have decided to stay @Cocoa Beach. I'm looking for an oceanfront property. I can get a great rate of $60.00 per night for the Holiday Inn Oceanfront. $83.00 rate for the Doubletree. I've read good reviews from the Best Western.
Does anyone know about the location of the Holiday Inn? Are there restaurants/activities within walking distance of this hotel?
Any insight & opinions will be greatly appreciated!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:54 AM
Original Poster

Yoohoo ~ Anyone out there w/info re: Cocoa Beach, FL hotels?

Just toppin'
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:09 AM

The Holiday Inn will be fine for you. Most everything is located right on A1A and you're pretty centrally located. Don't miss RonJons Surf Shop!
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 05:39 AM

We vacation in Cocoa Beach every Spring Break. Have always stayed at the Comfort Inn and Suites @ 3901 N. Atlantic. Great tropical pool, recreational area in a courtyard. Not beachfront, but easy 200 yard walk across an access road to the beach. Next door to Ron Jon's. Suites are very nice, but a bit pricey. Mini-suites and standard rooms are big, but older. We might try Quality Suites @ 120 Flagler next visit. The hotel is new, all suites, great location, inexpensive, but doesn't have a pool. I understand that guests have access to another hotel's pool, which, if it is Comfort Inn's, that would be great. I would avoid the Holiday Inn. Very large complex, older, and crowded. Pools may not be very close to your room. My sister stayed there, and didn't like it as well as the Comfort Inn. For small kids, it is not as safe either.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 06:10 AM

In Cocoa Beach, I would consider Ron Jon's as the location to be near. The pier area is too crowded. From Ron Jon's, you can walk along the beach to the pier in 10-15 minutes. Dining is also nearby, and at the pier. Holiday Inn is probably 15-20 minutes further from Ron Jon's and even further away from the pier. Holiday Inn has dining, but is typical hotel quality and prices. If you aren't staying beachfront, make sure you stay on the east side of A1A, otherwise you have to cross a very busy 4 lane highway to get to the beach. Most of the hotels on the east-side of A1A thet aren't beachfront, are so close to the beach that you can see the beach from their complex. There may only be a walkway, alley, or parking lot between them and the beach. Some rooms in the Holiday Inn, even though classified as "beachfront" are further away from the beach than other non-beachfront hotels. I can't recall where Doubletree is located. Is it north or south of the pier? The area near Holiday Inn is primarily condo/vacation rental properties, so activities/dining places are fewer than near the pier or Ron Jon's. I would stay close to Ron Jon's area, but not too close to the pier. When you locate a hotel, map it on mapquest, zoom in, and it gives you an idea of its proximity to the beach, A1A, and the pier.
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 10:03 AM

The Holiday Inn Beachfront is great
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 03:10 PM

We stayed at Holiday Inn Beachfront and it was just fine. Nice pool with seperate kids pool and great resteraunt 2 blocks down.Food at the Hotel was so so! I don't know what the big deal is about Ron Jons and the pier. We went to both and there;s really not that much to do at the pier but the beach is nice. Good Luck. Double Tree is always a good bet too.
Sandy
Old Jun 1st, 2003, 04:08 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your thoughs & opinions.
Husband says for 60. bucks a night, let's take a chance on the Holiday Inn Beachfront. Afterall, it's right on the beach and that's our #1 priority. We'll only be there for 2 nights, leave & go to the Royal Pacific @Universal. So, paying just the $60. will save us some cash.
I appreciate your input!