Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

The Broadmoor Resort in Colorado Springs - reviews?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 5th, 2011, 05:32 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Will be visiting DD in Denver Mem Day weekend and would like to take her here for a Girls weekend with spa treatments. We don't golf or play tennis. Might go horseback riding or whitewater rafting (will it be warm enough?). Is the resort nice? The food any good? Any other suggestions within 1-2 hours of Denver for 2 nights? Please share your thoughts, thanks!
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 05:39 AM

The Broadmoor is an outstanding resort with great amenities and lots of activities to keep you busy. You can visit Air Force Academy also. Be sure to visit the Cadet Chapel there. You will find plenty to do at Broadmoor to keep you occupied for the weekend. Good luck.
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 06:25 AM

The Broadmoor is top notch, grand old dame.

White-water rafting at that time is cold water, for sure. Make sure you pick a reputable rafting company and ask if they provide wetsuits, seriously. The water at that time of year is its fastest[spring melt], have you done this before? Make sure you know what it is like in general and specifically at that time of year.
Old Feb 5th, 2011, 07:40 AM

The food any good?

The Broadmoor has a top-notch restaurant, the Penrose Room, which is rated the best in Colorado. Rated five stars in the Forbes/Mobil travel guide, one of just 23 USA restaurants to get 5*. We dined there last fall and it was very good and much less expensive than about half the other restaurants on the Forbes 5* list.

The spa is also highly rated by Forbes, another 5* property.

http://www.forbestravelguide.com/five-star-spas.htm
http://www.forbestravelguide.com/fiv...estaurants.htm
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 07:30 PM

Also Broadmoor Hotel is located close to the Cheyenne Mountain Zoo - the only mountain zoo in the country. Seven Falls and Cheyenne Canyon are close by for a nice walk or more serious hike with the view.
Old Feb 16th, 2011, 08:43 PM

I love the Broadmoor and there is plenty to see/do in the area without golf, tennis, rafting etc. The food at all B's restaurants (5?) is good. An evening at the Golden Bee singalong might be a fun girls night too.
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 03:25 AM

We did not stay at the Broadmoor when we were in Colorado springs last year, but it was highly recommended by our relatives in the area, and we did wander around the resort for an hour or so to admire the grounds

We enjoyed the Cheyenne Mt. zoo recommended in another post even though I usually do not like zoos. You get a combined ticket to the zoo and the Will Rogers shrine of the Sun higher up the mountain. It is worth stopping there too (or instead of the zoo) for the view if nothing else

Garden of the Gods in Manitou Springs is not too far away and is a gorgeous spot. The spa town of MS is quite pleasant, too
Old Feb 20th, 2011, 04:07 AM

The Broadmoor is amazing!
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 09:53 AM

i do garden of the gods over rafting in may.
Old Mar 10th, 2011, 05:39 PM

* i would do
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM

I haven't stayed at the Broadmoor because I live too close to it, but I can vouch for the beautiful setting and fresh mountain air! The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo isn't only about the animals, but includes a nice stroll in alpine scenery. It's possible to see deer and the occasional bear in the vicinity of the resort. Nearby is Helen Hunt falls, with picnic areas along the creek. I would think the Broadmoor would be a great base from which to explore Cripple Creek and Manitou springs, or Garden of the Gods. Enjoy!
Old Mar 19th, 2011, 08:10 PM

I haven't stayed at the Broadmoor because I live too close to it, but I can vouch for the beautiful setting and fresh mountain air! The Cheyenne Mountain Zoo isn't only about the animals, but includes a nice stroll in alpine scenery. It's possible to see deer and the occasional bear in the vicinity of the resort. Nearby is Helen Hunt falls, with picnic areas along the creek. I would think the Broadmoor would be a great base from which to explore Cripple Creek and Manitou springs, or Garden of the Gods. Enjoy!