the breakers in August

Search

the breakers in August

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 05:30 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
the breakers in August

I see lots of info on how obnoxious the clientele is and the conventioneers durin other months but is it less crowded with these folks in August?
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:03 AM

Tango,

look at the title of your message as it appears in the left hand column; then look at your message when you open it. You are seeing what everyone else who views your message is seeing.

Is there any indication where "the breakers" are? State? City?
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:08 AM

Where I live, "The Breakers" is a fancy old mansion in Newport, RI, that's open for tours.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:13 AM

My guess is that this posting refers to a place in florida called the Breakers
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 03:57 PM
Original Poster

I selected Florida but I guess that does not show up. I am talkin about the Breakers in PALM BEACH FLORIDA.
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 08:37 PM

I thought it would be "Bay to Breakers", then why in August?

Turned out it's not my beautiful San Francisco
Old Jul 3rd, 2005, 10:44 PM

Hi Tango, it gets confusing. When you post on the US board all threads show up on the US Board. If you show Florida in your title and if a person clicks on Florida then only the threads that have Florida in their title will show up.

Most Fodorites just click onto the US Board and consequently see all the threads that have been posted. I don't think very many people come here to the US Board and then click on a state. But even if they did your thread would not appear as you do not indicate Florida in your title. Does that make sense. It seems difficult to explain sometimes. Fodor's should do a better job of advising new posters as to how this board works. Anyway, no problem!
Old Jul 4th, 2005, 04:55 AM

Tango - Anytime you stay at a 5-star resort in Palm Beach you will have to deal with rich people that have enough money to pay for $350 + rooms/night. As for the conventioneers, there are a lot less of them the later in the year. As many companies enter or near the 4th quarter of the fiscal year their budgets are running out. For instance, my pharma company has conventions and meetings in Feb. and Mar. and that's it after that. Go and have a good time at the Breaker's. "When in Rome, do as the Roman's do". Just act like a yuppy also. After all, you go to the Breaker's to enjoy your companion and the amenities. Not the other quest.
Old Jul 5th, 2005, 01:10 PM
DMG

I'm sure there are less "snobby" guests in August than in the winter since August is not "in season" so most of the elite wouldn't go there then. It is always a beautiful facility. And it's much easier to get into the Palm Beach restaurants during the summer when they are less crowded. Hopefully you will be able to cancel in advance if you hear of an approaching hurricane.