The Best Grandstand Seats at the Rose Parade

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 02:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Postring this on behalf of someone else: (brandy621)

I know this is a really old post but I'm hoping some of you are still on here! We just found out that our daughter's high school marching band was selected to march in the parade. We are beyond excited to say the least and my husband, son and myself plan on flying out to see them march. We've been to the LA area before 2 years ago but have not been to Pasadena. I am not concerned so much about where to stay, park, how to get there, etc.... we'll figure all that out. But I want the absolute best seats we can get for obvious reasons. Since we are flying we obviously can't bring chairs and probably can't camp out for long as we don't have anything like that with us. I'm also concerned about the prolonged standing since my husband had back surgery 2 years ago. He's ok on his feet as long as he's moving but over 4 hours of standing still on concrete will probably wreck havoc on him. So I'm thinking maybe we need to get some grandstand seats. Do you know of the best section where the view is great with no obstructions? Or do you have any other suggestions?

Thank you!
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 07:49 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
It's bleacher seating which will probably wreak havoc on the bad back after about a half hour.

Perhaps you can rent a wheelchair on arrival, and get some sort of special seating? I would inquire with the seating/ticket office, ask them for advice.
www.sharpseating.com

Old Sep 25th, 2019, 08:32 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
Maitaitom (and maybe some others) is a Pasadena local -- hopefully he will see the thread and have really detailed advice for you.
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 04:01 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Definitely get grandstand seats. I've been 25 or 30 times over my lifetime, and one parade standing was one too many. If you can grab a seat in grandstands near Orange Grove on South side of Colorado Blvd., this is where all the TV cameras are located, so if you can score those it would be good, but it might be too late (very popular) . You can also get tickets on Orange Grove just south of Colorado Blvd. on east side of street. Great seats (all the bands play here because of TV), but you are looking into the sun. There is one portion of those seats obstructed by a tree (or at least it was a few years ago ... last time I attended). You could call Sharp seating at 626-795-4171. Unfortunately, I'm heading out early tomorrow for ten days in Canada. If you have not resolved seating by the time I return, I'd be happy to go down to Sharp's office and find something for you. You can PM me if you'd like a week from Sunday. Parking is a bitch. I have a street place, but it's only for residents with passes. I can look into that when I get back. Most hotels require a 3 or 4 night stay, and, of course, jack up the prices. I'll ask around to a few my friends who have visited. I'll try to keep tack of post while I'm in Montreal and Quebec City.
Old Sep 25th, 2019, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Are other parents from the band making the trip? I ask because in our many Pasadena years, and many Rose Parades while my husband was a Tournament volunteer, it was our experience that band parents and families often made group travel arrangements for accommodations and Parade seating. I am quite sure all your questions can be answered by the people at Sharp Seating.
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 11:38 AM

Strongly agree with what Socialtraveler said. Our one and only Rose Bowl experience was with the Ohio State Alumni Association, which included bus transportation, grandstand seating, and a boxed lunch. Made it painless for us.

Can't resist a personal recollection: I was 4 months pregnant on our trip, and had to use the "facilities" fairly often. Early morning coffee not your friend. Panic set in when I was going against the crowd to the restrooms. Nevermind: a fantastic experience. Oh, and the game was forgettable.
Old Sep 29th, 2019, 06:44 PM
Original Poster

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
LOL...did OSU lose?
Old Oct 31st, 2019, 04:09 PM

Received 21 Likes on 2 Posts
Dukey, did you find tickets?
Old Nov 3rd, 2019, 04:30 PM

I just wanted to echo the Sharp Seating recommendation. We have used them many times and been extremely pleased. They have a package that includes parking, wonderful grandstand seats, a pancake breakfast and restrooms ( that are not portables). i makes for a wonderful morning to be able to get there early and have everything you need right there.