Notices

Thanksgiving in Maui

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 10:13 AM
Lisa

Thanksgiving in Maui

I will be in Maui Thanksgiving week and was wondering about restaurants on the holiday. Has anyone ever been there on Thanksgiving? Suggestions on what to do for dinner that day?
Thanks

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 10:25 AM
x

I would order Ono or Ahi. Both are great tasting fish and oh so fresh in Maui! There are other wonderfully prepared fish in Hawaii. Ask your server for a recommendation for the freshest.

Some great restaurants: Mam's Fish House, A Pacific Cafe

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 10:34 AM
barb

We went to Kauai on Thanksgiving once and went to a luau which was different and yet, Hawaiian, too. If you feel like forgoing the traditional stuff (although they may have had turkey) it is a fun thing to do. Otherwise, I am sure that all of the big hotels will be doing a Thanksgiving feast with all the bells and whistles on it.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 10:37 AM
x

In my small town we are able to purchase turkey year round. Why would you go to Hawaii and pass up some really great fresh fish just to have turkey on Thanksgiving? Canm't you give thanks at any time?

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:10 AM
sherrie

Regarding the previous poster's recommendation of A Pacific Cafe. I tried to make reservations there last week but the phone number was disconnected. I was told by hotel that the restaurant had closed a year ago. We went to Roy's instead and it was wonderful.

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:17 AM
x

Sherrie, thanks for the info. That's a big boohoo for the closing of A Pacific Cafe. Roys is certainly a good recommnedation!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:21 AM
Patricia

Aloha -- We, too, will be spending Thanksgiving in Maui and we will be going to The Old Lahaina Luau on Thanksgiving day. It's is supposed to be the most authentic luau, and we are eagerly looking forward to it. Mahalo!

Old Sep 30th, 2002, 11:32 AM
bill

We went to Maui last Thanksgiving and stayed at a condo complex called Puamana which was in Lahina. The residents put on a wonderful Thanksgiving feast at the clubhouse on the water. They had lots of tiki torches glowing, and we were lulled by soft music and the sounds of the glistening ocean! Dinner included Turkey and all the trimmings! It was great to share a wonderful holiday dinner far away from home with local folks who were full of the aloah spirit! As far as your question, just about all of the resaurants are open Thanksgiving day. Have a wonderful time!!

Old Oct 1st, 2002, 02:45 PM
susie

Check out the major hotels close to where you are staying. I'll bet they put on a tremendous feast.

Old Oct 6th, 2002, 06:21 PM
xxx

Lisa -

We'll be there for Thanksgiving also. Think we're going to not do a turkey fest and just eat at recs several friends have given us: David Pauls, Roys and Spago. Last year we were in Key West for Thanksgiving and found it nice just to be having Thanksgiving dinner in the open air (we live in Chicago). Have a great trip.