Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Tentative Hawaii Plans (Maui & BI) Suggestions?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13th, 2004, 07:15 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My fiancee and I have "planned" about four honeymoons, but we think we finally are working on something that will fit both of our needs/wants for the vacation. I would really appreciate any tips/comments on our (still tentative) plans. Thank you!

4 Nights at Hapuna Prince on the Big Island
2 Nights in a B&B or lodge near Volcano
5 Nights in a condo on Maui (possibly Maui Lea)

We are looking to relax the first couple of days, with the majority of activity happening on Maui (luau, snorkling trip, drive to Hana). We like beaches better than pools and don't really need all of the perks at the higher end resorts. I guess I am looking for general feedback, especially on the condo in Maui.
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 05:07 PM

Sounds good. I've been wanting to check out the Hapuna Prince myself. On Maui, the Kaanapali Alii gets great reviews and has a good Kaanapali location, but pricey. The Whaler is also in the Kaanapali area with shopping and restaurants within walking distance, and less pricey. I noticed a trip report showed up today which included a stay at the Whaler...
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:08 PM

Angie --
When are you going on your honeymoon? We leave for ours (Oahu, BI, and Maui) in 3 1/2 weeks. We are also staying at the Hapuna Prince for 4 nights on the BI. I will make sure to post a trip report when I return!
Old Jul 13th, 2004, 06:11 PM

Sound like a good plan. I think you'll enjoy the Hapuna Prince. We loved our week there!
Old Jul 14th, 2004, 05:09 AM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone for your responses. I will look into the Whaler and Kaanapali Alii as well.

beachgirl-We won't be going until next April. I didn't realize we would have to plan quite this soon, but some of the condos we've been looking at are already filling up for next April/May. I look forward to your reading your trip report. Take lots of notes on the Hapuna =-)