Take Out Sushi in NYC

Search

Take Out Sushi in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Aug 13th, 2003, 05:43 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Take Out Sushi in NYC

It's always nice to sit down and eat in a nice Jpanaese restaurant but I was wondering if there were any good sushi places with take out in the Rockefeller Center area. We will be staying at the Hilton and Towers so something reasonably close to there would be nice.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 06:06 AM

Take-out sushi is all over the place in Manhattan. I'd suggest asking your hotel for suggestions.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 07:54 AM
Original Poster

I realize that there is take-out sushi all over the place in Manhattan. I was just wondering if any New Yorkers or frequent visitors had any opinions on which one is better than another. There's defiantely a world of different between good sushi and bad sushi, and I don't want to make that mistake.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:00 AM

Easy on the attitude, sister. The area around the Hilton is very commercial -- it's unlikely you'll get a personal suggestion from a New Yorker for that specific non-residential area. Hence my suggestion to ask your hotel -- someone should know which of the many take-out options are the best in terms of quality and value.

You could also check the online options such as Citysearch.

("Bad" sushi is a rarity in Manhattan, fortunately -- the competition is too intense, as is the regulation.)

Good luck & Enjoy NYC!
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:03 AM
Original Poster

Oh, I'm sorry Gekko. I didn't mean to give you attitude, I think you jsut took my posting the wrong way. I will definately take your suggestion of asking the hotel, I was just wondering if anyone else had any opinions, such as tourists who have stayed in that area before.
Old Aug 13th, 2003, 08:51 AM

There are so many sushi places in the city it will not be hard to find a good one. Also most of them deliver, so you won't even have to go there. Not far from the hotel is East, and they have an afternoon special, for an early dinner. East has several locations around the city as well.

Okura, on 34th and 3rd and 17th and 3rd also offers all you can eat for $20pp.

Our FAV sushi place is actually in NJ, lol, but there are a couple more I can recommend.

Mishima on Lex and 30th, is probably one of the best in the city, small but GREAT food. Also Iron Sushi Chef on 3rd and 31st is excellent. They have a sushi boat for 2 that is amazing.

Hope this helps have a great time while you are here.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:22 AM

There's a Monster Sushi located I think on 46th Street (might be 45th) between Avenue of the Americas and Fifth Avenue. Good quality sush and they deliver.

You could also try Kameda which is also within delivery distance of your hotel (I don't know the location, I've only ever ordered from there).

Another good take out idea in the neighborhood during the lunch hours is "Remi to go" which is located in an atrium at the back of the Hilton Hotel which runs throrugh the middle of the block between 53rd and 54th Streets between Ave. of the Americas and Seventh Avenue. Excellent contemporary Italian food to go, including salads and quite a few fish entrees.
Old Aug 17th, 2003, 07:17 PM

Hey there. There are actually a number of Japanese restaurants on 55th and 56th streets between 5th Ave and 6th Ave, most of them are very reasonably priced and pretty good. Walk down the street and take a look at the menus in the windows, most offer take-out.