Search

PB Cookies in NYC

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1st, 2006, 02:17 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
PB Cookies in NYC

I am looking for a place to buy "the best" Peanut Butter cookies. Preferably in Manhattan (UWS/Midtown) is best - but if they're REALLY good I'm willing to take the time to go else where. Thanks!
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 05:32 AM

This is not my area of expertise, but there is a restaurant in the village called Peanut Butter & Co. that would be worth a stop.
http://www.nycpulse.com/nyc/go.cgi?view=website&id=382

On the upper westside, if you don't mind chocolate with your peanut butter, try Levain Bakery

http://www.levainbakery.com/product.html
Old Feb 2nd, 2006, 11:04 AM

You might also check chowhound.com, select the Manhattan board. They live for these types of questions

Barb
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 09:25 AM
Original Poster

I've been to PB & Co. before and was slightly disappointed. Their pb was very bland and seemed to not have much taste at all. Good suggestion for cookies though - I never thought about it before, but I wasn't a fan of their pb in the first place so I passed.

I did indeed end up checking out Levain Bakery and was very happy with that decision. I ended up with a dozen assorted cookies ($42) and shared them with friends and suitemates and everyone really enjoyed them. The chocolate with chocolate chip was to die for. Thanks so much for the suggestion

Unfortunatly didn't have enough time to post and wait for replies on chowhound, but it looks like a really great website that I will be checking in on in the future.
Old Feb 8th, 2006, 11:29 AM

Is $42 the going price for a dozen cookies in NYC? Seems $3.50 per is kindof expensive, but I guess that's part of life in Manhattan.

And I thought $.89 per cookie at Whole Foods was expensive.