Reload this Page >

T-shirt suggestions, Maui

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:04 AM
dave

I would like some suggestions as where to buy good quality T-shirts as gifts? Is the swap meet worth while? What should I expect to pay? I need 14 in different sizes. Thanks Dave

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:07 AM
xxx

We bought shirts at Crazy Shirts at the Whalers Village. They weren't cheap but they were pretty good quality.
You can check out their website crazyshirts.com, I think.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:08 AM
bettyk

Dave, there are Crazy Shirts shops all over Maui as well as Hilo Hatties and the ABC stores. They all have a nice selection of t-shirts. Prices will vary as to quality, but expect to pay $15 to $20+ for nice shirts.

(You can check out crazyshirts.com and hilohatties.com to see some of their selection.)

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:03 AM
Nova

What swap meet? Is there a swap meet on Maui ??

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:20 AM
Sarah

Wal-Mart and K-Mart are also good places for T-Shirts.

Some times swap meets are not really worth the trip frequently at their peak in mid-day sun it can be hot!

Just remember when every you are buying the cheap t-shirts they tend to shrink considerably.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:41 AM
Kathy

Dave
If you are talking about Maui, then don't forget that Lahaina has a t-shirt shop every time you blink.

I don't have any personal knowledge about the swap meet on Oahu but I have heard that you can get some pretty good deals. Just be careful because if you by three t-shirts for 10.00 you are going to get exactly what you paid for.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:59 AM
jj

You should look at the dirt shirts. They use the vocanic ash to die the shirts. They usually have some saying like Lava Blues or Hawaii Blues...
They have 2 shops in Lahaina. I got one the last time I was there.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 10:04 AM
ConsumerReports

Not meaning to flame you, dave, but this is one of those questions that begs to be put onto the parody list. "Where can I buy T-shirts in Maui?" Answer: EVERYWHERE!! You would get a shorter answer if you asked "Where CAN'T I buy T-shirts in Maui?"

And of course you will get what you pay for. But any nice shop will have good quality T-shirts. Is it 100% cotton? Is it pre-shrunk? Does it look and feel nicely made? Do you like the graphic? It's not like buying a car -- no hidden moving parts -- what you see and feel is what you get.