Hotel for 1 night stay in Orlando?

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:40 AM
Janet

Hotel for 1 night stay in Orlando?

My husband, 3 yr old daughter and I will be going to DisneyWorld for 2 days in March. We need a place to stay overnight. Does anyone have any good recommendations of a reasonable hotel in or outside the park? We are renting a car as well. Thank you.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:27 AM
Emily

At WDW 2/13 - 4/26 is Peak season, so the hotels will be a bit more. It would be great if you could stay on-site for WDW, but I don't know what your definition of 'reasonable' is.

In March, the WDW Value resorts run $109, recommend All Star Movies, the Moderates are $169, rec Port Orleans French Quarter and Deluxe resorts vary, Wilderness Lodge is $289 & has a boat that takes you directly to MK.

For more info on resorts & lots of pictures go to www.ourlaughingplace.com And www.disboards.com is a message board all about WDW. And www.wdwig.com has a lot of info on everything else.

Have a wonderful trip, our 2 yr old loved it this summer.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 11:58 AM
janet

Thank you Emily for all your information. That helps us a lot!

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 08:11 PM
rosa

We just got back from a 5 day trip to Orlando. Stayed at Holiday Inn Resort Family Suites. All the units are 2 bedroom with a separate living area. We got it for $111 a night. Comes with a free, buffet breakfast. The "kids" bedroom in a Kids Suites unit is decorated with various themes (trains, Disney, etc.) Nice pool, miniature golf course, laundry rooms, food court. Kids always eat free with a paying adult. Minutes from the theme parks. Very family friendly. Highly recommend.

Old Oct 22nd, 2002, 09:52 PM
Emily

Janet, If you have any other questions about going with your 3 yr old, I'd be happy to try and help. We were at WDW for 5 days in June with our 2 1/2 yr old. We had a great time.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:52 AM
Sue

Hampton Inn Maingate East, good value, continental breakfast, in-room safe, clean. About 1 mile from the park and they do have shuttles. We picked up the Orlando Magic Card from the Orlando Visitors Bureau and got a discount. I would definitely stay there again.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 08:56 AM
Jennifer

Janet, be forewarned the All Stars on Disney property are equivalent to Motel 6. While they are clean the room we stayed in was beat up, woodwork gouged as was the door and the walls are paper thin. Food court is mediocre and expensive. I would stay in either the Radisson Resort Pkwy, which is cheaper AND higher rated than the All Stars or the Hampton Inn Maingate East which is down the block.

As for the disboards and the other site Emily mentioned they are IMO full of fanatical Disney people who never vacation anywhere else. A better site is mousesavers.com.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 09:48 AM
Emily

Who better to answer questions about WDW than "fanatical Disney people"?

And, although I frequent the disboards, I travel to many other destinations, and so do a lot of other people.

Old Oct 23rd, 2002, 11:17 AM
Dom

I agree with Jennifer about the All Stars. Their is nothing magical about hearing the toilet in the next room flush and the beds are terrible. If you are going to stay on Disney property upgrade to the Carribean Beach Resort or any of the moderates. If you are only staying for one night, the Radisson is nice and offers free shuttle service, kids also eat free there.

Radisson's website:
www.radissonparkway.com