Search

sweaters/umbrellas?

Search this Thread

Old May 30th, 2005, 11:22 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
sweaters/umbrellas?

We will be in Washington June 10-15th. I'm a California girl and I'm not sure of the weather. Do I need a sweater for evenings, does it cool off when the sun goes down??? Thanks! Margo
Old May 30th, 2005, 11:55 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Washington State? i'm in Seattle and it's hard to predict. Thur/Fri last week hit 90 degrees, sunny and clear. Now this weekend has been a breezy mid-60's and overcast. So I'd bring a light weight sweater or layers or some sort. I wear tank tops with a jackety something over it often, that's how much it can change in one day. As for rain most locals in Seattle just get wet, rarely use umbrellas (silly i know but it's true you'll see).
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:24 PM

Our summer doesn't start until July. June weather is unpredictable; however, I think you would be better served with a light weight jacket rather than a sweater.
Old May 30th, 2005, 12:44 PM
Original Poster

Oops, when I wrote the question I highlighted Washington, DC. I thought it would show up as that. Sorry!
Love Seattle but wrong coast! Thanks!
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:14 PM
bonniebroad

gogoellen, you rarely need anything in the evenings in D.C. this time of year, but it never hurts to have a light wrap/thin silky sweater in case you find yourself in a chilly restaurant or movie, i.e. The weather has been so freaky at times on the East Coast the last few years, I wouldn't bet on anything!

Old May 30th, 2005, 02:30 PM
Original Poster

Bonnie, my mom and I did a New York City trip two years ago in June. I packed my "summer" clothes...well, it rained and was cold every day but our last!! Almost every picture I am in the same outfit...it was my warmest! Oh well, we had a great time! Thanks for the info!
Old May 30th, 2005, 02:42 PM
bonniebroad

gogoellen, you're most welcome! The evening will likely be low 60's. I usually don't bother with sweaters/jackets unless I HAVE to... but better safe than sorry! At least, you'll have it....