Reload this Page >

Sunday--what to do in Chicago!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:09 PM
Olivia

Will be arriving in the city midafternoon on a Sunday. Obviously too late to visit museums or aquarium. What would be suggested for adults and children aged 12 and 8. Thanks in advance.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:00 PM
sally

How about Navy Pier.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 08:41 PM
Lexma90

Wander up and down Michigan Ave., looking at the sights (don't miss the original Water Tower, and the artifacts imbedded in the walls of Tribune Tower). If there's only a small line at Garrett's popcorn, stop for a bag or two. My son says it's the best popcorn in the world; I tend to agree with him (and "mixed" is the best of the best).

Go to the Lincoln Park Zoo (it's free), and spend some time lounging in the gardens or the nearby playground (a block or 2 north of Armitage). Have a snack at Cafe Brauer, on the edge of the park, or at Ben & Jerry's, on Armitage.

See what time the Chicago Architectural Boat Tours leave; they may have a late-day tour.

Show them more of Chicago than just Navy Pier...

Old Jul 2nd, 2002, 01:12 PM
bj

Unfortunately Ben & Jerry's on Armitage is gone. Found that out after wandering over for a cone after dinner at Renalli's the other night. There is the "scary" Ben & Jerry's on Chicago Avenue in the old YMCA building.

Old Jul 5th, 2002, 01:54 PM
janice

I think the Navy Pier has late hours even on Sunday.

Old Jul 14th, 2002, 02:47 PM
Duke

I am in Chicago now. Just completed the Architectural Boat Tour on the river and enjoyed it. Cost was $23 for a 90 minute cruise and great commentary about the city and the buildings. Good for adults...the boat was full...But I do now know about kids.