Sunday brunch in NYC

Jun 14th, 1999, 06:58 AM
Janalee

Sunday brunch in NYC

Our family of 2 adults and 2 teens will be in NYC the first week of July. We would appreciate any ideas on where to go for a Sunday brunch. Are there any gospel/brunches? Thank you.

Jun 16th, 1999, 01:16 PM
Riki

As a New Yorker, I love Isabella's -- corner of Columbus Avenue at 77th Street -- terrific brunch -- be aware -- very crowded -- especially a holiday week. Enjoy NY City.

Jun 16th, 1999, 03:05 PM
Valerie

My vote is for Baltazar's in SOHO on Spring St. It is just like walking into a Paris restaurant/cafe.

Jun 16th, 1999, 03:26 PM
Sara

There is one gospel tour that I have heard of - the Harlem Gospel Tour - and there are probably more. Try www.newyork.citysearch.com - they have information on all kinds of music, including gospel, and they may have info on a gospel brunch.

Jun 16th, 1999, 03:55 PM
Howard

Just pick the right neighborhood, and you'll find brunches galore to pick from--Greenwich Village, Soho, Upper East Side and Upper West Side are just four.
Disagreeing with a previous poster, I find that holiday weekends are usually quieter times in the neighborhoods away from mid-Manhattan.

Jun 17th, 1999, 02:10 PM
hamlet

There is a restaurant called the Bayou in Westchester County outside of NYC that has a gospel choir brunch every Sunday. You'll need a car to get there (about 20 minutes away). I've never had brunch there, but I've had dinner there lots of times and the food was great. E-mail me directly if you want more info.

Jun 20th, 1999, 03:58 PM
diana

What about Brunch on Saturday? I saw a website that listed Tavern on the Green as having a Sat. & Sun. brunch. Don't want to go there. Any other ideas?

Jun 21st, 1999, 03:47 PM
Ellen

Oh gosh! The ONLY place for a Gospel brunch is Sylvia's!!!!
328 Lenox Avenue
between 126 & 127th St. 212-996-0660
Harlem Soul food, southern homestyle cooking, friendly service, A MUST. Take the subway, perfectly save during the day on the weekends. Take the # 2 or 3 subway to 125th St. and have a ball. I would call for a reservation, if they take them.

Jun 21st, 1999, 04:14 PM
roger

You are in luck. There are many great places to have brunch in NYC which includes a fantastic Gospel brunch right in the heart of Manhattan. Lola at 30 w. 22nd St. btw 5th and 6th Ave. (212) 675-6700 serves up a great gospel brunch (I've been there for dinner too). The restaurant is on the pricey side but the food is good. Reservations are probably a good idea.

Jun 22nd, 1999, 05:46 AM
John

Sunday brunch at Windows on The World in the World Trade Center. I a spectacular event on a clear day. The food is very good along with the views. The price is about $35 per person and you need reservations.