Suites of Saugatuck

Old May 15th, 2005, 08:41 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Suites of Saugatuck

Would love any first hand info of this place. Considering it for a July week this summer with my husband and teenage children. How are the accomodations? Is the location good for walking to town? Pool area nice? How far from beaches? Many thanks!!
Old May 16th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Would love any input on this resort or anyone's favorite restaurants in Saugatuck. Thanks!
Old May 16th, 2005, 09:10 AM

I go to Saugatuck at least twice a year and I can't picture where this hotel is located. What's the address?

The shops and beach are great in Saugatuck. Also visit Douglas (right next door - they have great shops and restaurants too)

Coral Gables is a fun restaurant - normal bar fare, but the deck is fun watching the boaters on the water.

The Mermaid (right next door to Coral Gables) has better food and a small outdoor area.

Douglas has a great restaurant - Everyday People - the restaurant is small but is always busy because of the great food. The rosemary hashbrowns for breakfast are wonderful!
Old May 16th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Original Poster

Paris In Spring-Love your name and many thanks for the reply! The address of Suites of Saugatuck is 560 Cambell Road. Described as about a mile from "town" and also about a mile from "beaches". There are 2 beaches, I hear. Are they different from one another? Thanks for your insights!
Old May 18th, 2005, 09:00 AM

Hello again-

There is a great website for everything to do in Saugatuck and Douglas: www.saugatuck.com

The dune ride is a lot of fun. Even your teens would like it. We're in our 30s and go at least once every year. They have been saying the same "tour speech" since I was a little girl.

I've only been to Oval Beach which is quite nice. It's always clean and the white sand is so nice.

I still can't picture the suites, but I have a call into a friend that lives there. I'll keep you posted.

If you haven't booked yet, there's always the option of renting a house (which is what we do). We try different houses (depending on the size of our group each time). They're pretty reasonable and we haven't been disappointed yet. Check out these websites for homes to rent: millpondrealty.com and lakeshorerealty.com

We're going up for the 4th of July week and we got a house that sleeps 12 (and we'll have 12 this time!) for $2000. You can't beat that for a week!

Post any other questions and I'll try to get back to you.

Have a great vacation!
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 06:35 PM

Hey! I've stayed there before! Took me a while to figure it out; had to check the website. We had a reunion there a few years ago, and it was perfect. Close drive into town, nice area, kids LOVED the pool. One of us rented a BIG suite so we had a place the whole crowd could congregate. All the suites were different. I remember my niece's suite had some problem with the A/C and they moved them elsewhere, hassle-free. We were able to get all 7 rooms located close together. Very clean. I recommend it. I don't recall being able to walk to beach or town, but it's a quick drive. Price was very good as I recall. If you want walk-to-town, you gonna pay for it!!
As far as restaurants, we just eat wherever. Coral Gables is good. The Italian place in the middle of town is good, can't remember the name. And some place called the Old Fisherman, or something like that, not far from the chain ferry.