Point Estero Resort, anyone??

Jan 8th, 2007, 02:27 PM
Original Poster

Point Estero Resort, anyone??

Just wondering if anyone has stayed at the Point Estero Resort in Fort Myers Beach?? If so, what type (view) of room did you have? Was the service good? We are looking to go the day after Easter to Disney and then 4 days at Ft. Myers. Thanks for any info you can provide!
Jan 9th, 2007, 10:56 AM

We have stayed at Point Estero for many years - typically in a beachfront suite. We try to stay in rooms above 5th floor so we're above the foliage. We have never had any problems with service though we basically move in for the week and do not have maid service during that time. The rooms are very nice, the beachfront view is gorgeous and the beach is wide and well taken care of. I've visited friends in other hotels/condos on the island and Point Estero is the nicest I've been to. Hope that helps! Enjoy your stay.
Feb 5th, 2007, 05:48 PM

I actually live right next door to Point Estero. Obviously I have not stayed there, but any other questions are welcome. Gull Wing is right next door to Point Estero on the other side and is a little newer. They were doing extensive work on all of the Point Estero units in fall, so they should be good to go.
Feb 13th, 2007, 06:35 AM
Original Poster

Jeno...we are anxious to get to FMB!! DH and DS9 have booked a off-shore charter through Off The Chart Excursions. Does that ring a bell? I guess they are about 1/2 mile from Pt. Estero Resort. Looks like a nice boat and the capt has answered every question we have sent him. While they fish, DD12 and I plan on R&R. Is the trolley a big thing? I figure we could hop on that and go to Times Square? What is there? A bunch a trinket shops? Can you recommend good places to eat. We stay away from Italian since the kids won't eat it. Moderately priced but good food! I told DH that there were no chain restaurants on the island (only McD's right?). Any other info you can provide would be appreciated. Thanks!
Feb 13th, 2007, 11:56 AM

The trolley is a big thing. It usually costs a quarter, but sometimes in season it is free. I am not sure if it is free this year or not. Times Square is little restaurants and little shops. You can eat at Beach Pier Side Grill right on the water or Wahoo Willie’s, which is a fish place. We also like Pete's Time Out for breakfast.
The traffic will be bad so you will probably try to stay down on the south end later on in the day. We have a few restaurants down on our end (near Pointe Estero). We have the Fish House which is casual. It is behind Santini Plaza and a little hard to see if you don't know it is there. We have a great fine dining restaurant called South Beach Grill. South Beach takes reservations, so be sure to make one. We have a few restaurants in Santini Plaza. The Sandbar is better than Loggerheads. They have sandwiches and Pizza I think
We also have Charley’s Boathouse, which has a wonderful salad bar and is a Prime rib place. They have fish etc too.
Strawberry Corner is in the shopping center too and is a sub place.
I looked up the fishing thing, (which I hadn’t heard of) and it is right at the marina with Fish Tale restaurant. It is in walking distance.
We also have a movie theater that is a couple of blocks away. It shows 4 movies at a time. It is a big pink raised building. It is unusual because they sever meals as well as popcorn etc. You can even get beer and wine. They have pizza, fajitas, steak, and -whatever. It does end up being expensive though, so be prepared. I don’t think they take charge cards.
Let me know if you have any other questions. Jeanne
Dec 1st, 2007, 07:01 AM

Hey Shelbyjosh,

How was Point Estero Resort?

We (me, wife, 2 teenage boys and their two friends) will be there in February. Also doing a fishing charter with Off the Chart.

Mike

Search this Thread