Suggestions for hotel in Annapolis

Apr 29th, 2003, 07:10 PM
Original Poster

Suggestions for hotel in Annapolis

Thinking of visiting Maryland in August with a stop in Annapolis. Can anyone suggest a nice hotel for two adults and two boys ages 13 & 11? Need queen beds, clean room, pool, and price anywhere between $80-140. Oh, what is the weather like in August? Hot and Humid?! Thanks!!
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:13 PM
LN

hi

Weather is hot and humid in August. As for hotels the Marriott is only Spa Creek and is really the only waterfront hotel. There's a Loew's and a Holiday Inn and then there's a couple on the outskirts of town. Check Marriott's site and see if you can get any specials for there. It's a good location.
Apr 29th, 2003, 07:52 PM

The Marriott Waterfront does have the best location downtown right on the water but they do not have a pool. They might also be beyond your price range. Loew's is the nicest hotel in town and is also walking distance to the sights but it does not have a pool either. If an outdoor pool is really important to you and location not so important I would suggest the Hampton Inn. I have stayed at six different hotels in Annapolis and that is the only one I recall as having an outdoor pool. It would fit within your price range. And, yes, hot and humid should be expected.
May 23rd, 2003, 01:37 PM

Annette, Our Inn is located approximately 25 minutes east of Annapolis and is the most beautiful location on the eastern shore of Maryland. Check us out to see if you have any interest in visting us. pintailpoint.com . Then click on our Bed & Breakfast link. My name is Terry and I'm the Innkeeper. Best of luck!
Aug 5th, 2003, 09:46 PM
bluestructure

The only hotel in Downtown Annapolis is Loews and i think its on the roof. Great hotel and close to everything.

Aug 5th, 2003, 09:47 PM
bluestructure

OOPPS, i meant to say. Loews is the only hotel with a pool downtown

Aug 6th, 2003, 05:41 AM

Only hotel right on waterfront is Marriott. Nice hotel good location. Do not eat at Buddy's it is BAD!
Aug 6th, 2003, 06:46 AM

The Historic Annapolis Inns (Governor Calvert House is the best) are a little above your target budget, but really capture the spirit of colonial Annapolis. They are all in the historic district. The rooms are small but they will make your stay memorable. Who wants to fight the traffic when you can walk to the Academy, waterfront, historic district and shops.
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:08 AM

It can be VERY hot and humid in August.

One thing that I would recommend for boys of that age is the Naval Academy tour - check at the Visitor's Center for times. They would probably find it very interesting. If you can time it right, you should probably watch noon meal formation at Tecumseh Court.
Aug 6th, 2003, 07:20 PM
Gwen86

The Marriott Waterfront is the best location. It may be out of your price range. Next, would be Loews, and then Hampton Inn. Definitely tour the Academy with your sons. You will need to walk on and have your driver's license ready. Sit on the rocks and watch all the sailboats go by, and see meal formation and maybe even a parade if you hit it right. Have lunch at Griffin's and stop by Storm Brothers for ice cream. A guaranteed great day, but it will be hot in August. Lots of downtown shopping for Mom!