Suggestions for daytrip from Cincinnati

Jun 1st, 2007, 07:22 AM
Original Poster

Suggestions for daytrip from Cincinnati

I will be visiting my mom next week and we wanted to take my kids somewhere different. My 2 boys are 7 & 4. It would just be for the day, so less than 2hr drive. We are already going to Kings Island and Carter Caves overnight(with my MIL).

Thank you for your time & have a great weekend!
Jun 1st, 2007, 07:50 AM

Do little boys like airplanes? Dayton, OH, (about an hour, I'd think) has a great military museum (don't let the word museum bother you --- there are TONS of aircraft both inside and outside that the kids can climb around in) as well as an IMAX theater. http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/
Jun 1st, 2007, 11:14 AM
Original Poster

Actually, that is a very good idea. I had forgotten about that. I haven't lived in Cincy for 10 years. My boys would relly like it. They have been to many museums in San Diego, including the aerospace, which isn't nearly as big as Dayton. They also really enjoyed the aircraft carrier in SD.

Thank you! I will have to run it by my mom. Any other ideas?
Jun 1st, 2007, 12:13 PM
maj

Kentucky Horse Farm near Lexington.
Jun 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM

The Frazier Museum in Louisville has a dragon exhibit openibng this weekend and running thru September. The museum has lots of interactive displays (smell what dragon's breath is like - yucckk!!) that would be perfect for kids that age. If they are baseball fans - Louisville Slugger bat museum is across the street from the Frazier!

Add eating at Lynn's Paradise Cafe and you would have a pretty great day!!
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:29 AM
Original Poster

The frazier museum looks great. We went to Medieval times for my sons bday and they loved it. Not saying that it is the same as a museum, but that they are interested in the time period. They also loved the renaisance faire we went to last year.

Thank you! Now it's a tough choice!
Jun 3rd, 2007, 10:22 AM
Original Poster

We have decided to go to Louisville and the Frazier Museum. It does not look like they have a cafeteria though.
momofrajah, do you know if you can leave to have lunch and return? Thank you!
Jun 4th, 2007, 06:02 AM

Given your children's ages, they would love the CIncinnati Children's museum as well as the Newport Aquarium! Also, the rides at Coney Island might be an alternative to the more high end Kings Island and they also have the big pool there and rowboats, etc.