Trip during 2nd Trimester . . . Any ideas?

May 29th, 2007, 09:30 AM
Original Poster

Trip during 2nd Trimester . . . Any ideas?

My husband and I have been going through a lot over the past year with my mom's illness. Now we are pregnant and we would like to have a week long vacation somewhere in the states during my 2nd trimester (July to September). In the past we have enjoyed trips to Calgary (Banff, Lake Louise, and Jasper), Washington State, etc. Any suggestions where would be a nice place for us to relax, enjoy God's nature, and take in the time we have before our first child appears. Any ideas would be spectacular!

Thanks!
May 29th, 2007, 09:49 AM

Congratulations!

I vote for driving around Maine, staying in B&Bs, eating lobster and chowder, enjoying the scenery...ahhh.
May 29th, 2007, 10:51 AM

Where are you from and how far are you willing to travel?
May 29th, 2007, 05:06 PM
Original Poster

We are from Texas. I would travel in a plane for 4 hours or less.
Jun 1st, 2007, 04:24 AM
Original Poster

Any other ideas out there?
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:12 AM

Yellowstone
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:13 AM

My husband and I had a great time when we went to Lake Tahoe a couple years ago - but that wouldn't fill a whole week. I'd pair a few days in Tahoe with Northern California/Bay area. I also think Maine sounds like a great suggestion.

I asked a similar question a few weeks ago and several people suggested Amelia Island just outside Jacksonville, Florida if you're looking for a beach vacation.
Jun 1st, 2007, 05:17 AM

My wife and I toured Italy for ten days when she was five months pregnant and she handled it like a trooper. Her biggest complaint was the hard stone floors of St. Peter's.
Jun 1st, 2007, 06:34 AM

I would pick somewhere cool like San Francisco and or the Pacific Northwest. You will not be as tired in the second trimester as you probably are now so your energy level sould not be an issue.
Jun 2nd, 2007, 06:58 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for all the suggestions!
Jun 2nd, 2007, 07:52 PM

Marlena, is there somewhere you really want to go? This may be it for a couple vacation for a while. Northern Califonia sounds nice, Carmel, San Francisco or the northeast, Maine, Vermont or New Hampshire. A couple of thoughts - beach vacations are great with kids so I would save those for later.
Jun 3rd, 2007, 01:08 AM

I think you may be frustrated by lack of responses because for many people, 2nd trimester is physically a great time - morning sickness gone, not too huge for that to be a problem.

So I would ignore the pregnancy part of your question (except for obvious - you want to be near competent medical care and probably don't want a 12 hour flight) and think more about where you want to go - but don't get trapped into thinking "this is our last trip except to WDW" because that is not the case.
Jun 4th, 2007, 04:37 AM
Original Poster

Yes, I was talking to my hubby and we just have to figure out where have we dreamed of going to. It will take time to figure out, but I will post a trip report when we get back from our fabulous trip. Thanks again for all your words of wisdom!
Jun 4th, 2007, 07:04 AM

Marlena,

I would like to second a trip to San Francisco along with Carmel/Big Sur. Those areas will be cool and they are so beautiful. To see the Pacific Ocean particularly around Big Sur is stunning.

I also felt my best during my second trimester, so typically it is a good time to venture out pending your OB's approval. Being from Texas myself July-Sept. is the perfect time to leave and go someplace cooler.