Search

stillwater

Search this Thread

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 12:51 PM
sandy

stillwater

Hey Pickles, already hip on the Stillwater scene. I appreciate it anyway....It sounds very quaint! I read about the Gasthaus Bavarian Hunter in a book. Is it worth my while? Would like to try some good German food with a Polka band.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 02:26 PM
fyi

You need to post this under your original question about Minneapolis or 'pickles' probably won't find it.

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 05:29 PM
NY

Stillwater NY??????????

Old Nov 9th, 2002, 06:51 PM
Pickles

Hi! There are a lot of Germans here alright! The Gasthaus does have good food. I can't really rate it because I don't care for German food-plus there's not much to pick from being a vegetarian! (ha-ha)
But I do know that their Polka band is REALLY good! The band plays in the basement on certain nights and it's a lot of fun. It sounds strange maybe, but it's very popular and people love to dance. All ages go there to Polka!
Did you read about Stillwater-how are you so hip to it? Shhhhhhhh-it's a secret!
Have fun! And don't forget your coat.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 06:25 AM
DanB

If you are talking about Stillwater Minnesota it is far from a secret. Its always packed. Hard to find parking.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 09:24 AM
Pickles

Hi! There are a lot of Germans here alright! The Gasthaus does have good food. I can't really rate it because I don't care for German food-plus there's not much to pick from being a vegetarian! (ha-ha)
But I do know that their Polka band is REALLY good! The band plays in the basement on certain nights and it's a lot of fun. It sounds strange maybe, but it's very popular and people love to dance. All ages go there to Polka!
Did you read about Stillwater-how are you so hip to it? Shhhhhhhh-it's a secret!
Have fun! And don't forget your coat.

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 09:27 AM
pickles

Yeh, Stillwater is really packed- but only in the summer time when the hoards of tourists come. It's during the summer that residents stay home!! There's parking everywhere, you just have to walk a couple of blocks in the summer months and it's hilly.
Thankfully all the out-of-towners have gone home so it is quiet and quaint again!!

Old Nov 10th, 2002, 12:10 PM
pickles

Yeh, Stillwater is really packed- but only in the summer time when the hoards of tourists come. It's during the summer that residents stay home!! There's parking everywhere, you just have to walk a couple of blocks in the summer months and it's hilly.
Thankfully all the out-of-towners have gone home so it is quiet and quaint again!!