Reload this Page >

Staying at Grand Wailea, Mistake?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:30 AM
Tim

For my honeymoon I'm staying at the Grand Wailea. After reading some of these postings I'm worried that I made the wrong decision between GW at Four Seasons. We're going in October, will there be a lot of kids overuning the resort? Should i switch to the Four Seasons?

Please advise.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 01:59 PM
nanette

I think you made a great decision! Make sure to eat at the outdoor restaurant over the tropical fish pond at sunset. It is expensive but fabulous and unique. Very romantic! (Seems asthough it is near the pool, but out of sight of the pool ???!) There should be hardly any kids there in October! (We're all waiting for Thanksgiving at that point!). When we were there in July, the number of kids was really not a problem! There is an adult only pool if you prefer but you'll love the slides as much as the kids (plus there's a bar in a cave at the bottom as your reward for the trip from the top!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 02:03 PM
lcuy

Most kids will be in school then, and October will be very nice. Don't worry!

Old May 3rd, 2002, 09:42 PM
Larry

Look at most any reputable rating source and you'll see that the FS rates higher than the GW. The GW's only advantages over the FS are it's larger pool system, more restuarants and more rooms (traffic).
If the rates at GW are significantly cheaper, it may be a worthwhile tradeoff. If the rates are similar (and you don't have kids in tow) the FS is clearly a better choice, especially for a honeymoon.
Not that the GW is disappointing. But you asked for a comparison between the two.

Old May 3rd, 2002, 10:59 PM
vv

You've posted the same message three times in one day. I think your wife is the one making the mistake.

Old May 4th, 2002, 12:46 AM
Lynda

The poolroom at the Four Seasons is grand fun; the artwork in the Wailea is to die for! And don't miss eating at the Kea Lani hotel in Wailea - sit poolside and enjoy the water! Missing Maui, can you tell?