Search

St. Pete Beach

Search this Thread

Old May 18th, 2002, 06:17 PM
Daisy

St. Pete Beach

We (2 adults & one 14 year old) are going to Don Cesar Beach House Suites in mid June for a week. Any information/comments about the resort- i.e.- service,rooms,pool,beach, etc.? Also is the resort in walking distance of restaurants, mini-golf, shopping, etc. Any information , comments, or opinions would be appreciated.

Old May 20th, 2002, 03:54 AM
joan

Daisy, I live in the area, and the Don CeSar has a great reputation - although I've not been inside the Beach House, they are separate ( a couple blocks walk) from the main hotel. Anyway, you will be at the south end of the St. Pete Beach "strip". So a little walking northward will get you to shops, minigolf, and lots of restaurants. Try Sunday brunch (or any day lunch) at the Stormwatch, at your end of town. We like their food, and there's a cool surprise waiting for you (I won't give it away but it has to do with the name). Also the casual restaurant the the Don is great. Don't waste your money on the Maritana Grille, their fancy place. The beach is wonderful, bring sunscreen! If you have a car, go north to Treasure Island and be sure to stop at the Floridian for great Cuban sandwiches. And for a romantic night (leave the kid home try the Salt Rock grill in Indian Rocks Beach. Also, pizza at Vito & Michaels (north end of SPBeach) and great Italian at Carino's (once again, northern end of SPBeach). Go for oysters on the half shell at Crabby Bill's (walkable), and dessert at Larry's Ice Cream (a long walk).

Have fun! Shuffle into the water to avoid the sting rays!

Old May 20th, 2002, 06:42 AM
xxx

The Don Cesar is very nice. The grounds and pool area is beautiful. We have had Sunday brunch there too and loved it.

Old May 20th, 2002, 07:08 AM
xxx

We visited St. Pete Beach for the first time just last month, so I can give you some feedback.

I would avoid Treasure Island altogether. It's cheesy, overdeveloped 1960s beach motel hell, with plenty of crappy junk shops thrown in. We regretted spending any time there at all when there were so many other nice places to see. Our favorite places, other than St. Pete Beach itself, were Clearwater Beach and Captiva Island. Really enjoyed Frenchy's Rockaway Grill right on Clearwater Beach, and the shelling on Captiva was fabulous.

Enjoyed Patrick's Bayside Grill, definitely a small locals place but everyone was extremely friendly and made us feel right at home. If seafood is not your thing, they actually have other items on the menu.

Have a nice trip.

Old May 20th, 2002, 12:51 PM
Daisy

Thank you all for the imput,it really took some doubts out of our minds, now we can't wait to go.