St. Augustine, Florida

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 11:33 AM
jenn

St. Augustine, Florida

What a great location for the family and couples alike. Great history, sights, the beach and fabulous individually owned restaurants!! Great places include the lighthouse and Flagler College. Restaurants to rave about are 95 Cordova, Gyspy Cab and Barnacle Bills Seafood.

Enjoy this hidden treasure.

Old Dec 17th, 2002, 02:59 PM
PDP

Jenn, where did you stay in St. Augustine. We would like to spend a few nights in the historic district and them four nights at a hotel or condo on the beach. Any suggestions??

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 11:14 AM

Hello! Just reading through these and thought I would put in my 2 cents! I got maried recently in St Augustine, and we rented out the entire St Francis Inn for the wedding party...what an AMAZING place! The staff is incredible, I mean awesome! They went out of their way to help. There is a very secluded pool area, garden, and an lots of greenery around the entire inn...giving it lots of privacy. I couldn't recommend it more as a place to stay. Have fun!

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 12:31 PM
Jen

Glad to hear that another Jen(n) loves this place as much as I do! I cannot say enough good things about St. Augustine. I have stayed at the Fiesta Inn on St. Augustine Beach and had a great stay. Smallish place, family-run super nice people and it is right on the beach. I have also stayed at the Holiday Inn on the beach - not as impressed. I have not stayed in town but if you have a few bucks to spend, I hear the Casa Monica is amazing. Probably a great place to visit even if you don't stay the night.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 04:02 PM
Chuck

Gypsy Cab Company is a pretty good restaurant. If you have a pet, there is a Best Western right on AIA in St. Augustine that is clean, reasonable, and accepts pets.

Old Dec 28th, 2002, 06:00 PM
Joe

jenn: Excuse me for tagging on, but is the restored historic area really authentic or Disneyland? We ewre there years ago, before restoration, and it was very interesting. We are looking to go again in Spring. Thanks.

Old Dec 29th, 2002, 06:16 AM
Liz

My first job out of college was working at a Belk's store in Palatka. We used to drive over to Barnacle Bills on the weekends. Jenn, I hadn't thought of Bills in a long time! Thanks.

Old Feb 8th, 2003, 01:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
How about the World Famous Oasis on the beach in St. Augustine? Great place for fun at any age. Can anyone recommend a suite to rent for Easter week, or reasonable condo on the ocean for that period? Thanks!