Search

St Augustine FLA??s

Search this Thread

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:29 AM
jette

St Augustine FLA??s

This solo traveler is considering S.A. Florida for a quick get away since it appears to have a good combination of beach and interesting history. I'm thinking of staying somewhere on the beach and spending one full day in the historic district. My questions: how far is the historic district from the beach in driving time? Is it possible to get from one to the other without a car?
Any recommendations on St.A's greatly appreciated.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 05:39 AM
maryann

St Augustine is a very neat little town. The historic distric is about 3-4 miles from the beach. You will need a car to cross the bridge that goes from the historic district to the beaches.
You can also consider renting a moped, it is fun!

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:14 AM
Collette

My parents live in St. A and I visit often. It is a cute town and the beaches are nice. If you have enough money there are some Inns and B and B's right by the bridge downtown that look nice. Have fun.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 11:21 AM
jt

The downtown has several tourist trolley companys that may extend to the beach (maybe saw them visit the lighthouse?). Web search could show.

Old Sep 18th, 2002, 06:01 PM
Jen

Enjoy St. Augustine. You definitely need a car to get back and forth between the beach and historic district. I guess a cab would work but eck I have no idea what the price would be.

I have stayed at the Holiday Inn on St. Augustine Beach. It is OK nothing great. I have also stayed at La Fiesta Inn. Cheesy maybe but cute rooms - again right on the beach.