St. Augustine B&B for 41st Anniversary

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 9th, 2021, 08:33 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Last year, we had planned a really special Alaska trip for our 40th wedding anniversary, but of course had to cancel due to the pandemic. Our anniversary will be coming up later this month, so it's a bit last minute, but we are thinking we could go to St. Augustine. I'd like to find a B&B located in the historic district, something that offers a really good breakfast, and stay 2 nights. But there are so many - does anybody have any recommendations? So far I'm looking at the Old Powder House Inn, to give an idea.

Old Jul 9th, 2021, 10:21 AM

Sludick— It’s been a few years but I really liked the Penny Farthing Inn, which still seems to get good reviews on Trip Advisor. Warm, welcoming hosts, charming accommodation and nice central location. Old Powder House Inn looks great though too, and not too far away!

Best wishes & happy anniversary! Love St. Augustine; wish I were going too!

Last edited by Daniel_Williams; Jul 9th, 2021 at 10:25 AM.
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 11:00 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, Daniel_Williams! I do recall that you went to St. Augusting a few years back. I'll check that one as well. What sort of breakfast did they serve?
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 11:19 AM

Hi sludick—

I can’t recollect each meal as I had a few breakfasts with them and it’s been awhile but I do remember always being satisfied and enjoying their eggs Benedict. I liked their charming breakfast area too!

Here’s a link to see if it appeals.

https://www.pennyfarthinginn.net/breakfast.htm

Best wishes

Daniel
Old Jul 9th, 2021, 01:37 PM
Original Poster

The Penny Farthing did look fantastic! Sadly, our dates were not available there, and I have booked at the Old Powder House. Will be sure to come back with some memories to share. Thanks again.
Old Jul 23rd, 2021, 04:06 PM

If it’s not too late, I can recommend the Old City House. They have an excellent location in the historic district. As I remember their breakfasts were very good. Oh yes, they also serve wonderful dinners.
Old Jul 25th, 2021, 03:30 PM

We stayed at 44 Spanish Street Inn the last time we were in St. Augustine. It was at Christmas, and it was so beautifully decorated.

Breakfast was outdoors in the courtyard. I don't remember breakfast specifics, but we were pleased. The owners are on site and extremely helpful and convivial. Located in the heart of Old Town, easy walk to all the historic places.

Only negative, and not that bad, really; the parking lot was a bit down the street, bumpy gravel road.

https://www.44spanishstreetinn.com/guestrooms.html