Search

Sring Creek Ranch

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14th, 2003, 09:34 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sring Creek Ranch

We're planning a one-week family reunion next summer and we're thinking about going to Spring Creek Ranch in Jackson, Wyoming. If anyone has been there recently, I'd love to get some feedback on the resort: location, accommodations, food, service, facilities, activities, etc. Thanks!
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:28 AM

We stayed at Spring Creek a few years ago and really enjoyed the place! It is high above the town of Jackson with spectacular views of the Tetons. We rented a car but the Ranch does offer transport into town. We had a guest room with a spectacular view and a working fireplace (we visited in August, but the nights were chilly so the fireplace was a welcome addition to the room). We had breakfast every morning in the Granary restaurant on the premises and one dinner there. These meals were definitely the best we had on the trip. The Ranch offers horseback rides, we took two of them and they were a highlight of our trip. There was a large swimming pool, and a recent look at the website indicates a brand new spa: always a plus in my book!!
Spring Creek was the ideal base for our vacation.
Old Aug 14th, 2003, 11:43 AM

My wife and I have stayed at the Spring Creek several times over the years.
It has an unbelievable location- perched on top of a hill, looking out over the Gros Ventre range and onto the Tetons.

I wasn't enamored with the restaurant, the Granary (then again, I rarely like any restaurant that's part of a hotel/resort). Also, the drive to/from the Spring Creek gets a little old (you're about 20-30 minutes outside the town, and most of that is up a winding, hilly road.)

But I like the place. Would gladly stay there again.
Old Aug 25th, 2003, 09:56 AM
Original Poster

Many thanks for your responses. If you have any suggestions for day trips (i.e., white water rafting, fishing, etc.) please let me know. Bill
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 09:20 AM

we took a float trip on the Snake River that Spring Creek arranged for us. i don't remember the name, but it was well worth it. they also arranged our horsebackriding and a trip to the local rodeo. if you end up staying at Spring Creek i would get together with their concierge and plan some activities with his/her help.
we did an aerial tram ride to the top of one of the ski mountains and also an alpine slide. both locations within easy driving distance of Spring Creek. we spent a day at Yellowstone too. rent a car!!
Old Aug 26th, 2003, 10:44 AM

We stayed there a few years ago before the renovations and loved it even then. I would definitely suggest the onsite horseback riding, a white water rafting trip, the rodeo, and the Bar T 5 covered wagon cookout. When I booked the hotel, the conciere sent me a huge packet with all different info. on restaurants, activities, ect. It was very helpful! Have fun!