Search

Spring Break

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Regina Phlange

Spring Break

Hi, I will be on Spring Break the second week of March and want to do something different. Was thinking about Colorado and doing some hiking. Will it be too cold and snowy? Any suggestions on inexpensive places for a poor college student?
Thanks!

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 12:51 PM
jason

It depends on where you are? what is inexpensive to you? you can get some great deals to Florida if you drive and have a few friends to split the cost.

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 01:24 PM
coskier

Regina, are you kidding us? March is one of the snowiest months also one of the most expensive times of the year outside on New Years week. If your not coming to ski I would go someplace else.

If you do there are a few hostel, dorm style places in Summit County. Search the post Alpen Hutte for ideas

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 09:19 PM
xxx

arizona

Old Nov 26th, 2002, 11:16 PM
Lenleigh

March can be very cold and will have lots of snow on the ground in the mountains. You could come and do some skiing and possibly some hiking or snow shoeing. Although March is typically the month when we get the most snow, It can also be 70+ degrees out on a given day, just hard to tell.

Might be more than you want to spend however if you stay in a resort town.