Hi Fellow Travelers!
I am planning a sight seeing road trip for late August with two kids (age 5 and 10) and two grandparents in tow. Trip duration is between 8 and 14 days depending on which route we will choose.
Option 1: Fly to Las Vegas from NY/NJ - Drive to Southern Utah national parks/Grand Canyon NP -> drive to Denver via Million Dollar highway and Aspen --> Fly out of Denver back to NY/NJ
Option 2: Airport undetermined -- drive to Yellowstone/Grand Teton NP -- Estes Park/Rocky Mountain National Park -- Colorado Springs -- Fly out of Denver
Dear husband has only 1 week to 1.5 week of vacation time, so he prefers option 2 which appears to require less time and less driving than option 1, but a quick check of the airfare shows flying into either Salt Lake City or Jackson to go to Yellowstone is almost $400 more than flying into Las Vegas, plus grandparents really want to see the Grand Canyon and Rocky Mountains. Option 1 would require about 14 days, which dear husband may not be able to join for the whole trip.
Any feedback would be appreciated!!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.supplementscombined.com/garcinia-cambogia-mega-slim/
- 2 San Diego arpt to Hotel Circle area?
- 3 Las Vegas TR
- 4 Morning Activity No Car Downtown Poughkeepsie
- 5 Where would you go in March?
- 6 10 day California Trip in July
- 7 RV Grand Canyon
- 8 I need help
- 9 In panic, messed up car rental reservation
- 10 Halekulani Hotel-Waikiki -anyone stayed there
- 11 New York in 5 days
- 12 Newport Beach restaurants
- 13 Take out for Christmas Dinner in Los Angeles
- 14 Please help w/ 7 day itinerary for Vegas & Arizona
- 15 Christmas Eve in Los Angeles
- 16 Expedia
- 17 Italian Provisions
- 18 Family Trip July 2018 Idaho to GNP
- 19 girls trip / oregon
- 20 Total Eclipse of the Sun visible in USA - plan ahead for August 21, 2017
- 21 Need Help BAD! San Fran, Yosemite, Castiloga-Where else?
- 22 Vacations in New Orleans
- 23 4 days in Miami
- 24 Los Angeles for Christmas
- 25 Ideas for 16th Birthday New York
Southern Utah - Colorado OR Yellowstone - Rocky Mountain NP?
Hi Fellow Travelers!