solo mom with two kids at disneyworld with questions

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:07 PM
sue

Hello,

I am taking my two children age 9 & 4 to disneyworld by myself I was wondering which other park besides magic kingdom would be best to go to because there will be three of us. i know it will be hard with rides at the magic kingdom with three but that ones a must. Thanks for any help.
Sue

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 01:20 PM
Tutter

Try this site

http://www.wdwig.com/gal_ride.htm

It shows a picture of the ride & you should be able to tell if ya'll would fit. If you don't fit 3 to a seat your 9 year old might be able to go in the car just a head of you, you could still keep an eye on them & they might feel "grown-up" by having their own car.

If you go to the main page at that site you will find answers to questions you didn't know you had.

Another good web site for WDW is www.readersclubhouse.com

You can ask any question about WDW, the hotels (& not just Disney property hotels) or anything having to do with Disney.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 02:42 PM
justgotback

Definately go to MGM Studios, the shows are great! If you will be there 3 or 4 days, also go to Animal Kingdom & eat at the Rainforest Cafe. I also agree, go to www.wdwig.com it is an amazing, all disney website!

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 03:40 PM
Daisy

I would not recommend Epcott. Epcott has few rides and it is very boring, especially from a child's point of view.

Animal Kingdom doesn't really have many rides (it still has more than Epcott), but there are several interactive exhibits and playgrounds for children. It also has many walkthroughs in which you get to see a wide variety of animals.

MGM definitely has the most rides out of the above two. It also has many shows from classic disney movies such as Beauty and the Beast and The Little Mermaid. If you go to MGM do not miss the Fantasmic show, it is excellent and will entertain the kids.

It would be a very good idea for you to go to www.disneyworld.com because they have each park listed with its rides, shows, shops, and restaurants. It also has a description of each of these and if there are any restrictions such as height. You can also get a printable map.

Good Luck and have a wonderful trip.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 12:17 PM
sue

thanks everyone for the great advice!
Sue

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:25 PM
Keith

The other advice I would give you is to stay in a hotel on the Disney property. It gets very HOT on summer days (not to mention thunderstorms) and it is very nice to be able to go back for a mid-afternoon swim; returning to the park in the early evening refreshed and relaxed (esp with little people)

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 02:40 PM
Sara

I think Epcot is good for the brain. While I love the rides it is also fun to go and think just a little. Epcot has more hands on stuff and a little more educational *note I said a little*. I think since the children are young you may be able to fit in together more than you think. I would definately recommend the water parks, especially during the summer. They are probably my favorite part of WDW. Go to all the parks you can cram in. Remember that some stay open later than others so you could leave one early, take a swim, relax and then head out to a different park in the evening.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 05:48 PM
Postal

I'm usually a supporter of staying off Disney property at a much cheaper rate, but this time I agree that you should stay on the property. Start early in the morning and go back for midday swims and naps in the afternoons, then go back out after 5 PM, when the temperature may have dropped a few degrees. Feel free to write to me if you have any other questions as I live in Orlando.