SOBE Hotel With Nice Bar and Pool?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:12 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Boyfriend and I will be spending one night (Sat, March 17th) in South Beach. Won't arrive at hotel until 6:00 pm and will depart first thing in morning. I've posted elsewhere asking about hotels in the $150-$200 range, but now I am thinking of splurging a bit more (under $400) and would like some recommendations for a hotel that would make a great one night date stay! Important: clean, nicely decorated room; good onsite bar; close to good restaurants; maybe a nice pool. Not important: room size, beach access (no time).
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Sorry - I meant to end off my post with a big THANK YOU in advance!

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:19 AM

I like the Loews - great pool and great location for walking to both Ocean Drive area and lots of good restaurants in nearby hotels.
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:27 AM
GoTravel

The Hotel is the most fantastic rooftop pool in South Beach (www.TheHotelofSouthBeach.com) and rooftop bar but if you are going to splurge, splurge on The Shore Club or The Delano.

The Delano's pool/pool bar and lobby bar (The Rose bar) is always hopping and it is almost guaranteed you'll see a celebrity.

The Shore Club makes the Delano look like its road hard put up wet big sister. The restaurant Nobu and bar Sky Bar are two of South Beach's hottest tickets.

If I were going to splurge, it would be either The Delano or The Shore Club.

Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:29 AM

I also love the Loews!
Old Jan 24th, 2007, 11:56 AM

I love The National.....next to Delano so u can go over and visit. I love laying in the hammocks at The National....so nice so nice
Old Jan 25th, 2007, 07:02 AM
granniem

If you stay at Loews, make sure you join the Loewsfirst.com they offer you a welcome treat, and other good things. I joined when we went to the Hard Rock in Orlando last year, We got bottled water and a lovely fruit plate. THe cost was zero.

Old Jan 25th, 2007, 10:00 AM

have to agree with GoTravel posts...except that he won't get me to concur with Nobu!

Now the Sushi bar is amazing.

Meaby he knows the kitchen staff!!!

Old Mar 5th, 2007, 09:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks for all of your replies. It took me a while to find a hotel - many have a two night minimum and when I would find one I liked that would allow a one day stay it would either be too expensive or already booked! In the end I decided to take a chance with the Hotwire route - where you don't know what you're getting until you've already paid! We ended up with The Dorset, a 3* at Collins & 17th,l for $178 (pluc tax). It isn't the Delano but it is directly across the street so the location is good. It does have a rooftop pool, which will provide nice views, but I think we will spend most of our time elsewhere. Whihc brings me to ask - where?! I tried to book a few places for dinner without luck (unless you consider an 11:00 pm table at Prime 112 lucky!) so now we are considering going without a reservation and bar hopping instead. Is this a crazy idea?! Are we going to end up parched and starving? We would likley head out around 7:00'ish and would want to visit three or four places having a few drinks and a bite at the bar at each. Since we saved on the hotel I figure we'll splurge and hit the swanky bars already mentioned - The Delano, The National, The Shore Club. Any other suggestions?

Thanks again!
Old Mar 6th, 2007, 10:17 AM
GoTravel

kireland, dinner reservations in South Beach before 9PM is considered early.

This is the plan, party by the pool and hotel bar hop by day, go back to the hotel and crash from about 7-10PM and take that 11PM dinner reservation.